PDA

View Full Version : lw9 stick to surface

jds580s
05-26-2006, 11:37 PM
How fast is the new stick to surface?

It looked fairly quick in the video, but what about when you get 25 or 50 nulls all moving over a large numbers of frames? Any major slow down?

Also did I remember something about a cycler motion modifer replacement or update from last SIGGRAPH? If so can it calculate distance traveled without bringing a system to a crawl with high frame counts?

Thanks!

gjjackson
05-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Give some ideas and can check it out, at least on my system.

I don't recall the cycler motion modifier. Relativity Is included now. Haven't figured much out on it yet.

Olathe, huh? Me too.

jds580s
05-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Thanks for looking into that!

I had forgotten that relativity was included, that's what I was vaguely remembering.

you're up late for CST too :)

gjjackson
05-27-2006, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I think I have a LW 9 'bug' :)
I read that Inside LW 6 had a fair amount of relativity included so I found it on Amazon and got it. Haven't gone through it yet. Prem Design? doesn't have much on their site left. Yahoo groups moderator isn't available to grant access to the relativity group, so we have to look elsewhere. Since Dan Ablan wrote Inside LW 6 he may know a good bit on it and may will help with some support. I haven't gotten a good handle on expressions in LW let alone this relativity. It's pretty user friendly so I'll just have to gain an understanding of what I'm trying to do. I started with 7, just before 8 came out so I'm a bit slow on some things. I've done quite a bit of Cad work in years past and 3D is a new ball game compared to 2d. With the inclusion of LWCad I can understand that.

SplineGod
05-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Cycler is still part of LW9.
Relativity has been around for years and was the expression engine before LW got its own. Relativity overall is more powerful and more robust. Its a good thing its in LW. Relativity comes with documentation and tutorials.
That chapter in Dans book was written by Prem (the creator of Relativity).
Its fairly easy to use and has 'professors' to help set up the expressions.