PDA

View Full Version : LightWave v9 Special Bulletin

Kurtis
05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
We're very excited to announce that the LightWave v9 Open Beta program will be coming to a close shortly. The end of Open Beta is the signal that we're very close to shipping LightWave v9!

We have just delivered the twelfth and final build in the "Open Beta" series designation to our Open Beta Group, and the next build they receive will be in the Release Candidate series. LightWave v9 is feature complete and optimizations and final fixes are in progress.

In conjunction with this milestone, we are also pleased to announce that concurrent with OB 12 and for the RC builds, our Open Beta Participants are now free to publicly discuss LightWave v9 (please note the Open Beta sections will still be private, as we still need to work with the Open Beta group for testing there, and will be reserving the sections for future use, as Open Beta programs will now be standard practice). We feel that the new features of LightWave v9 make this one of the biggest advancements in LightWave ever, and that with the commencement of the RC series, now is the time to share the excitement with the community at large.

If you've been holding off on your purchasing decision until you're able to get feedback from someone who has first-hand experience with the software, now is your chance. While we're on the subject, we'd also like to remind you that the special bundle offers for LightWave will only be available for five more days.

The last day to take advantage of these special offers is Wednesday May 31, 2006. From now until the end of May 31, you can get e-on software's Vue 5 Infinite (a $599 retail value) bundled with commercial LightWave purchases at no additional charge, as well as a FREE W-Tools' LWCAD v1.5 download (a $199 retail value) and a free upgrade to LightWave v9 (with PDF documentation) when it is released.

A commercial full license of LightWave 3D [8] (with PDF documentation) bundled with Vue 5 Infinite, a FREE LWCAD v1.5 download and a FREE upgrade to LightWave v9 when it is released is now available for $795US ($895US with printed documentation). Starting June 01, 2006, the price will remain the same, but you will no longer receive Vue 5 Infinite or LWCAD.

A commercial upgrade license of LightWave 3D [8] (with PDF documentation) bundled with Vue 5 Infinite, a FREE LWCAD v1.5 download and a FREE upgrade to LightWave v9 is now available for $395US ($495US with printed documentation). Starting June 01, 2006, the price will remain the same, but you will no longer receive Vue 5 Infinite or LWCAD.

For more information or to purchase, visit http://shop.newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 1-800-368-5441 or 1-210-370-8000. To locate a NewTek Authorized Reseller near you, visit http://www.newtek.com/dealers.

Bytehawk
05-26-2006, 05:31 PM
You'd be completely silly not to upgrade, LW9 is the BEST upgrade i've ever seen.

nodal rocks !

Silkrooster
05-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree with you 1000%. Nodel is just one of the top reasons to upgrade if you did not so far. If you are debating on getting the printed version of the manual or not, I recommend getting it. This baby is going to be huge.
I would like to take this time, to thank Newtek and all of its employees as well as the rest of the beta team for a job well done.
Silk

JeffRutan
05-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Does FPrime work with 9.0?

trygve
05-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Does FPrime work with 9.0?

Yes it does! And according to NewTek, it's future versions will be able to access the new nodes system for texturing. I'm sure Worley will upgrade it shortly after the final release of LightWave 9.

wjo53
05-27-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm one of the ones holding off buying, and have a question or two to ask before decision is made.

I'm planning on using the 'Companion Upgrade' pricing. Printed manual would be needed I think, as I'd be completely new to Lightwave. Question is whether the Companion Upgrade pricing will stay at current price after V9's release. If it's such a big change from previous version, I'm not certain that I'd want an 'old' version printed manual, and a PDF new copy. If CU pricing will stay at current level, I'll wait and just get V9's hardcopy. Reading through Kurtis's post, I'm thinking it may stay the same, but can someone confirm for me please?

Thanks in advance,

John

Bytehawk
05-27-2006, 05:26 AM
if you don't pre-order you're gonna miss out on LW-cad and Vue 5...
that's a sweet deal.

about the manual, well I speak for myself here but my printed manuals are stacked away in a closet somewhere. The PDF is on my desktop.

mav3rick
05-27-2006, 05:36 AM
boy u will for sure not miss with lw9 upgrade not just cause of vue5 and lwcad but cause 9 is finally a true better upgrade than from 6 to 7 or eaven 6 to 8 ... if i was you... i wouldnt think about i would place my order right away.....

wjo53
05-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks Bytehawk

I don't see that Vue 5 was included with the Companion Upgrade offer . LW Cad would be offered I believe. Enticing yes, as main interest would be Arch Illustration, but I do like the feel of a manual in my hands until I have an idea of what's going on. :-)

scarabrae
05-29-2006, 10:12 AM
I am probably missing something, but where can LW Cad be downloaded from?

Thanks

Zane Condren
05-29-2006, 10:59 AM
The companion upgrade does not qualify for Vue 5 offer, but you do receive LWCad

Signal to Noise
05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I am probably missing something, but where can LW Cad be downloaded from?

Thanks

From your NewTek Registration page. Once you're signed in and are properly registered there is a big LWCAD link button. You can't miss it!

zonezapper
05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
scarabrae, I believe that you get a special url/serial number when you register your new purchase so you can access all relevant downloads.

Now, MY main issue is whether to upgrade at all... I started out with ver.5 many years ago, back when manuals were included in the price (and there was one for each component of LW3D). I used a lot of post-it notes for bookmarks in both volumes of 5 and relied heavily on those open pages while I learned.

I finally upgraded to ver.8 and didn't get the printed manual, and had such a problem learning with it (the PDF manual) that I'm still not fluent with ver.8 and now ver.9 is coming out...and I'm wondering if I should throw another $385 at NewTek, or put that money into upgrading my computer and buying instructional DVD's with tutorials, etc., for ver.8.

Right now, I'm leaning towards getting ver.9. Partly for the Vue 5 and LWCAD bundles, and partly because if I'm going to have to learn something anyway, it might as well be the most current. I've only *lost* money on software that I never got to use fully 3 times, just under $1,000 total for 12 years including the LW3D ver.8 upgrade, so I wouldn't mind biting the bullet and getting the upgrade.

I want to order before the bundle offer is over, so if you have comments/suggestions please make them asap...

Thanks

dballesg
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi,

If you has not get used to Lightwave 8 yet, I will jump over it and got Lightwave 9, with Vue and LWCad. Not only for the offer, as well because due to the introduction of Nodes, ATC, the new camera types,etc... and changes in other areas.

I will not spend my time learning the tools in 8.0 due that those new tools introduce a big benefit on render speed and quality and you must learn them as well, so why learn the 8.0 version when the 9.0 have those new tools that at the end you WILL need to learn (and are not present in 8.0).

Of course that is my personal opinion.

Best regards,
David

wjo53
05-30-2006, 03:25 AM
The companion upgrade does not qualify for the Vue 5 and LWCad bundle.

Thanks for the confirmation. Wasn't entirely what I expected to hear. Understand that Vue 5 not included, however, Comp. Upgrade states that it '* Includes Free Update to LightWave v9.0 with PDF manual!', and LWCad offer states '...This special offer is available to all those that currently qualify for a free upgrade to LightWave v9...'

Getting back to my original question, is CU pricing to remain at it's current level ater V9's release? If I get it, am debating holding off until I could get a printed manual for 9, rather than PDF version. Thinking the offer inclued LWCad was what was going to push me to get it before the 31st.

Thanks,

John

zapper1998
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Shoot now my Trial of, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, is telling me it will shut down in an hour...aaaarrrgggghhhh, need to buy the OEM darn it..
arrghhhh

Kurtis
05-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. Wasn't entirely what I expected to hear. Understand that Vue 5 not included, however, Comp. Upgrade states that it '* Includes Free Update to LightWave v9.0 with PDF manual!', and LWCad offer states '...This special offer is available to all those that currently qualify for a free upgrade to LightWave v9...'

Getting back to my original question, is CU pricing to remain at it's current level ater V9's release? If I get it, am debating holding off until I could get a printed manual for 9, rather than PDF version. Thinking the offer inclued LWCad was what was going to push me to get it before the 31st.

Thanks,

John

Apologies for any misunderstandings. The Companion Upgrade does qualify for LWCAD, but does not qualify for Vue 5 Infinite.

wjo53
05-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Apologies for any misunderstandings. The Companion Upgrade does qualify for LWCAD, but does not qualify for Vue 5 Infinite.

Thanks Kurtis.

Now just have to decide. V8 printed manual, V9 PDF and LWCad, or V9 printed. No trouble, have until tomorrow. :)

John

scarabrae
06-03-2006, 06:05 AM
scarabrae, I believe that you get a special url/serial number when you register your new purchase so you can access all relevant downloads.

Now, MY main issue is whether to upgrade at all... I started out with ver.5 many years ago, back when manuals were included in the price (and there was one for each component of LW3D). I used a lot of post-it notes for bookmarks in both volumes of 5 and relied heavily on those open pages while I learned.

I finally upgraded to ver.8 and didn't get the printed manual, and had such a problem learning with it (the PDF manual) that I'm still not fluent with ver.8 and now ver.9 is coming out...and I'm wondering if I should throw another $385 at NewTek, or put that money into upgrading my computer and buying instructional DVD's with tutorials, etc., for ver.8.

Right now, I'm leaning towards getting ver.9. Partly for the Vue 5 and LWCAD bundles, and partly because if I'm going to have to learn something anyway, it might as well be the most current. I've only *lost* money on software that I never got to use fully 3 times, just under $1,000 total for 12 years including the LW3D ver.8 upgrade, so I wouldn't mind biting the bullet and getting the upgrade.

I want to order before the bundle offer is over, so if you have comments/suggestions please make them asap...

Thanks

Thanks...

coldiron
06-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I purchased the pre-order upgrade back on 5-15. I just found that there is a link to download lwcad at the bottom of my email last week. I followed the link, and there is no lwcad link. Where might I find my lwcad link so I can download it? I tired contacting CS but got no response.
thanks,
JC

hunter
06-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I purchased the pre-order upgrade back on 5-15. I just found that there is a link to download lwcad at the bottom of my email last week. I followed the link, and there is no lwcad link. Where might I find my lwcad link so I can download it? I tired contacting CS but got no response.
thanks,
JC

Go here:
http://register.newtek.com/register.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdownloads.aspx
Sign in and click on the big LWAC image.

dfp1
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi Chuck,

I am a long time Lightwave user and I have been trying to get the V9.0 upgrade with the Vue and LCad for over a month now. Nobody up here carries it or has Lightwave products in stock .. or appears to be able to get that easy. Anyway, in the middel of this the deal expired and I was so frustrated that I emailed Newtek sales to order and I have not heard back from them yet either. Is there like this unforseen Lightwave barrier surrounding our country or something. Perhaps you can help or point me to someone who can. This has not been a very pleasing experience to say the least.

I new I should have written a cheque at NAB :o)

My serial number is 2169900713.

[email protected]

Thanks I hope.

dfp1
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
sorry, posted in worng place ............ disregard here :o)