PDA

View Full Version : Character Rigging: Rigging a Quadruped

kurv
05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
For Immediate Release – May 24th, 2006, KURV studios releases the first video in there series on rigging, LightWave 3D Foundations of Character Rigging: Rigging a Quadruped.

After years of helping others online with their rigs, working with countless studios and others under contracts, we finally got Larry to show us his rigging style and techniques. This video starts off with a basic character setup and takes you through adding bones, setting up deformations, and added IK Booster to the rig. Once IK Booster is added Larry continues and shows you how to tweak the rig to perform at it’s best.

The video runs a littler more than four hours, it is designed for beginner to intermediate artists. For more information on this title, please go to http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/rigging.php.

What are others saying about this video?
I got to see this rig in full action last week at Friendsggraph, and well it Totally Rocks! It animates so smoothly and easily it just plain hurts from all the excitement. There’s no popping in the rig, none, zero, zip, zit, zilch. This rig is provides you with something that rivals anything you would find in any big name studio! Larry's out done himself on this one!

- Tim Dunn

Larry, Your Quadruped CD rocks! I highly recommend that anyone needing/wanting to do this kind of animation grab it now while the special price is happening. And Larry - I swear that your teaching style improves with every new tutorial you publish.

- Greg Malick

About Larry Shultz
Larry Shultz has been involved with computer graphics since the mid-1980s. He began using LightWave 3D in its early days for TV commercials and other projects at a CGI company he co-founded during the early ’90s called The Animation Factory in Albuquerque. Since those days Larry has worked for such companies as American Laser Games, Sony Development, Discovery Channel, Netter Digital, Foundation Imaging, Amalgamated Pixels, and Squarehouse Entertainment, as well as working on a freelance basis for many other companies. Larry is very experienced in almost every aspect of LightWave, working as lead artist, technical director, and in many other positions on a variety of projects.

About KURV studios
Based in McKinney Texas, KURV studios, LLC is an independent technology training company developing highend 3D training products for artists working in the film industry and students aspiring to film work. KURV studios is rapidly being recognized as the leading video training company specializing in VFX training on LightWave, 3DS Max, Digital Fusion, Photoshop, BodyPaint and more. Founded in 2004, by Wes Beckwith KURV studios has worked with industry leading artists such as Glen Southern, Larry Shultz, Fred Pienkos, Nicholas Boughen, and more. For more information on KURV studios, visit www.kurvstudios.com (http://www.kurvstudios.com).

BazC
05-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Yup definately recommended, great instruction, MASSES of tips and excellent price too.

SplineGod
05-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks BazC! :)

BazC
05-27-2006, 04:34 AM
No problem, I'm really pleased with my purchase! :D

SplineGod
05-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Good to hear. Im definately interested in any feedback you might have. :)

geothefaust
05-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I need to get off my bum and buy this one still. Ugh, I hate not having much money!

kurv
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I need to get off my bum and buy this one still. Ugh, I hate not having much money!

Were currently running a special discount, might help your pocket book a little.

www.kurvstudios.com/special