PDA

View Full Version : Desperate plea for sub-surface scattering

drclare
05-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi, this is a desperate plea for someone who knows how to program with Lscript or knows how to program shader plugins to write a basic sub-surface scattering plugin for Mac. There are a few out for PC that don't work on Mac. I desperately need one for a project that i am starting. My character is an alien and looks very boring without a sort of translucent skin and i can't get it right with translucency or this new surface thickness gradient property. I would really appreciate if someone could create a basic SSS plugin for mac or even port one of the others to mac. Thank you.

bloontz
05-28-2003, 02:49 PM
I assume you know about G2 from Worley? Expensive but looks cool...

drclare
05-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, i know all about G2. That would be perfect but i can't afford it yet.

Johnny
05-28-2003, 06:02 PM
just curious...is sub-surface scatter how the guy who does Boring 3D gets his great plastics?

J

Zarathustra
05-29-2003, 01:36 PM
This guy is offering to recompile PC stuff for Mac, but he needs the original from the programmer.

http://www.richardbrak.net/plugins/index.html

manutter
05-30-2003, 07:02 AM
Have you looked at the Coffee plugin? It works on the Mac and might give you what you are looking for.

mark

archiea
06-01-2003, 11:12 AM
sometimes you can use and angle-of-incedence shader and a depth matte as a poor man's sub scatter. Use a compositing package to combine or color correct.