PDA

View Full Version : Image map mirror madness

Jack McGuinness
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi!

When I apply an image on a surfaced texture in Lightwave the rendered result is always shown as a mirrored image! Its a problem expecially when it comes to text information. How can this be solved easily?

cobaltman
05-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Here is a couple of things to try:

1. Open the picture in Windows Paint program and flip the image, then save it.

2. In Surface Editor, click on the "T" button that you got the image on and check the Rotation tab. You can flip and rotate the image alignment there.

The second suggestion is what I would recommend since it is in Lightwave and you don't have to change the image itself. Also, the rotation is based on the three rotation factors Heading, Pitch, and Bank. You need to figure out which rotation you need to use and rotate it 180 degrees. One of them will work.

DonS
05-26-2006, 12:41 PM
You can also quickly flip a texture by reversing the value in the Scale box for the appropriate axis. For example, if the texture is mapped planar X and the "Scale" Z value (yep, gotta be the Z value for a planar X-mapped texture) is positive, put a minus sign in front of it and hit "Enter".

D.

Jack McGuinness
06-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi guys!

Already used the options you suggested and find them unecessary complicated... so my question might have been pronounced like this instead!

How come Lightwave flips the images by default?