PDA

View Full Version : newbie to vt4

TStark
05-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

I have had my vt4 less than a month, and I am using it to do live production at our church. I have learned so much by just playing around, WOW is this a great tool!

One of the most important features of the VT4 to our situation is the iVGA tool. I have gotten it to work fairly well, but I am really just guessing at most of it. The documentation (both paper and .pdf) that we received with our machine is very limited. Is there more information on the NewTech site or somewhere else that look. I really want to nail this application before we start implementing other features. Any help? All will be appreciated.

Tom

Paul Lara
05-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Tom,
Please ask your iVGA questions here, and it'll help me understand what needs to be 'fortified' in the documentation, and can also become new fodder for our online FAQ (http://www.newtek.com/faq/).

TStark
05-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks Paul,

First of all, when using the iVGA, I have very slow choppy transitions. Is it a limitation of my GeForce 5200 card (on the client computer), the fact that it is coming across a network line, or something else I am missing?

Secondly (if that is a word, lol), can you use iVGA as a DSK? When I use it I can only get the iVGA screen, I cannot seem to key out the color. When I send it straight to VGA (using the check box), it keys out fine, but then I lose the ability to fade in and out with DSK.

I am using MediaShout on my client computer, are there any limitations or conflicts with this software?

Are there any known weaknesses and/or bugs that are associated with iVGA?

That should about get it started. If I can get the iVGA working well, then I believe I understand everything else enough to get it working the way I need it to. iVGA is really the tool I need to understand now.

Thanks for your reply Paul.

Tom

TStark
05-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Paul,

BTW, I was not knocking the documentation. In fact, most every other question I had was found in the manual. Being a newbie, that helps a lot. I just am looking to see if iVGA will do what I am looking for it to do. Most of my questions are not (nor should they be, probably) in the documentation. Thanks again.

Tom