PDA

View Full Version : OT but anyone here any good with Photoshop Script?

Lottmedia
05-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Asked in the photoshop forums but no answer, so I was wondering if anyone here was good with writing photoshop scripts. I need something that I think should be real easy but I'm no good at it. If someone could help I'd be their best friend and buy them icecream :)

Casey :cat:

Lottmedia
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Come on, boys, anyone.......?

(waiting......)

Fozz
05-27-2006, 03:50 AM
How easy? And is it not possible to do with Actions? The only experience I have with PS scripts is that I tweaked one of the existing ones into my liking... later I discovered a way to get the same results with Actions instead.

Lottmedia
05-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Well. What I want is something to break a sentance on a text layer into individual work layers. That make sense? I do a lot of word montages and usually write out the sentance then manually make it into layers. I'e seen a silimar script for something else and thought someone might be able to accomplish this pretty easy. Thanks for taking the time :)

(.........)

iconoclasty
05-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Can you be more specific? You want to break a sentence into individual words on seperate layers? I'm assuming this is vector text or has it been rasterized?

jthompson3d
06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes what exactly do you need...we need more info on what you want. :deal:

Lottmedia
06-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Oops, sorry. Got sidetracted. No Icon, no vectored text because that would negate the whole thing, plus I think it would be easier with text (something to do with the spaces...)

Ideally: A script I coudld run on a text layer to break it up, by word spacing I suppose, so that I have a new text layer for each word. Then I could manipulate each individually. Does that make sense?

(expectant pause...)