PDA

View Full Version : Kinda need help

Jamel
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but heck i'll give it a try.
I have lightwave and every thing seems to be going fine, except when i load big or complcated models in both layout or modeler (mostly in modeler). I need to be able to work on more complicated projects ... so i was told i needed to get a better graphics card. I had a geforce mx but it never worked and i hear it sucks.....so my question is whats a good card to get??? i just want one that works good for like $300 or $400? it would be helpful if you tell me the ones that you guys own that would be great.

thanks for your time

ACLOBO
05-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Since lightwave does not have specialized drivers written for it to take advantage of the openGL acceleration, then just buy a good gaming card. DO NOT get a pro card for lightwave as it would be mostly a waste of money. Lightwave as it stands now (I don't know about 9) gets most of its redraw power from the main processor in your computer. Sure a good gfx card will help some, but not as much as it should with an openGL application like this.

-Adrian

Jamel
05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
so do you know of any GOOD gaming cards? I just need to know were to look, or maybe some good ones i can look up on ebay ot somthing.