PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this in ToasterEdit ?

wtdedula
05-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Hello All;
I have two questions to ask regarding if a particular task can be done in ToasterEdit ?

1) First, I saw this done at a show, I think. Is it possible to drag a whole bunch of photos onto the storyboard and then just hit one key to add a transition between each of then ?

2) Is there a way select a whole bunch of items in ToasterEdit and then modify a few properties (Perhaps slze or position) of each of them ? Currently, if I have to change the length and width of 20 items in the Storyboard, I have to select each of them one at a time and make the changes. Is there a better way ?

Thanks !

Tim

Paul Lara
05-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by wtdedula
Is it possible to drag a whole bunch of photos onto the storyboard and then just hit one key to add a transition between each of then ?

Ya Huh. Alt-f drops a fade in between all selected clips (ctrl-a first to highlight all clips).

Is there a way select a whole bunch of items in ToasterEdit and then modify a few properties (Perhaps slze or position) of each of them ?

There's not yet a means to globally modify attributes in that manner.

bbeanan
05-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
There's not yet

I aways like that... it makes one think that it may be comming soon :D

Dan Hong
05-28-2003, 09:34 PM
You can pretty much bank on that. If anyone used the (revolutionary to say the least) Amiga Video Toaster, and remember the Audio/Video Co-pilot stuff by Aussie, you might want to be on the lookout. Aussie is now at NewTek and those tools could well be on the way for VT[3].

creach
05-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by wtdedula

2) Is there a way select a whole bunch of items in ToasterEdit and then modify a few properties (Perhaps slze or position) of each of them ? Currently, if I have to change the length and width of 20 items in the Storyboard, I have to select each of them one at a time and make the changes. Is there a better way ?

This isn't a global move, but try this.

Re-size the first to the size you want. Then select and copy the clip by CONTROL-key + dragging. You now have two identical clips of the same picture. Drag the next picture from the filebin, and while dragging, hold the ALT key. Still holding ALT, drop the new clip over the top of the copied first clip and release your mouse button. Let go of ALT. The text inside the copied clip should change from the clip name to "Inherit," or something like that just before you release the second pic.

If I described it right, you've made the second pic "inherit" the properties of the first, size, color, position, transparency, yada-yada. You can keep doing this forever, and assuming you started with similar-dimensioned pics, they'll all be the same.

Not quite what you asked, but it'll save time anyhow.

Dan

bbeanan
05-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Great Tip.... I like it