PDA

View Full Version : Layout Crashes Constantly

Dave Potts
05-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Help! I can't seem to get Layout to stop crashing. I get a scene loaded, it seems fine in camera view, and then I switch to perspective and try to move something and as soon as I do... "LW has encountered an error and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

thanks for any assistance offerred. I've already tried to re-install, BTW.

:cursin:

Dell Precision 670
WinXP Pro (sp2)
2GB RAM
NVidia QuadroFX1300 (128MB)

vincent1
05-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Is it all scenes or a specific scene? If it's all scenes, you most likely have a conflict with a process that's running in the background; most likely graphics card driver or other drivers. You will need to shut down processes one by one using taskmanager.exe to isolate the culprit.

If it's one specific scene, you will need to eleminate elements one by one until it no longer crashes; usually caused by a plugin used in your scene.

For example, I tried using zwave with tbnormal map. It will crash layout on render EVERY time, until one or the other is removed. Took me two weeks off and on to figure out this one.

Sorry, no shortcuts to pin down the problem. Closiest thing to a shortcut is installing LW on a friend's computer; if it doesn't crash, follow his system config, or buy his computer.