PDA

View Full Version : Free Upgrade Question

dmac989
05-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I just bought and registered 8.5. Will newtek just use my registration info and send me the free upgrade?

Sarford
05-24-2006, 09:23 AM
I guess you'll get an e-mail with the download info. If my memory serves me correctly the upgrade offer is a download only.
You propably can get a boxed version but you will have to shell out an aditional 100 dollars. This one does include a hardcopy of the manual though.

Safe Harbor
05-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Did you buy it from NewTek or a reseller? If you got it from a reseller, THEY will send you the upgrade on CD, or you can download it if you want to. The upgrade on CD is free (at least if you bought it from us).

dmac989
05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
I bought my first Amiga 500 from Safe Harbor many years ago. Those were the days :D No actually I got LW8.5 from Epic Software. I guess I should ask them.

BusyWolf
05-24-2006, 11:53 PM
I just bought and registered 8.5. Will newtek just use my registration info and send me the free upgrade?
I actually bought mine with an upgrade also. I have the student version and was wondering the same thing So I got on the phone :phone_cal I got it through a link from Newteks site to The Academic SuperStore and They will send an upgrade disk. They said being a student version I will not get the manual but it will have an updated manual on it or link to online manual.
By the time I am ready to upgrade to a comercial license I will not need a manual !! :)
Ron