PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD is Fantastic!

creativecontrol
05-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Just thought I'd say how overjoyed I am to finally have a great tool for making pipes. I do industrial animation and there are a lot of pipes to make.

This is how I do it now: Use the line tool to draw lines (with sharp corners) where you want the pipe to go. Use Curve Round to give the corners a radius. Use Profiler to make it a pipe. Perfect! And all in seconds. This is a huge thing for me and I suspect there are others:)

Thanks for including this Newtek!!!!

Len Krenzler

hrgiger
05-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, LWCAD is possibly the most useful incentive that Newtek has given people to upgrade for. Profiler is one of my favortie new tools.:newtek:

Matt
05-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Can't wait for v2 to be released, already pre-ordered it from Safe Harbor.

nthused
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Hear, hear!

LWCAD has absolutely changed the way I work with LightWave. It's like FPrime for modeler (well - you know - in the productivity area)

Lewis
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I do industrial animation and there are a lot of pipes to make.

This is how I do it now: Use the line tool to draw lines (with sharp corners) where you want the pipe to go. Use Curve Round to give the corners a radius. Use Profiler to make it a pipe. Perfect! And all in seconds. This is a huge thing for me and I suspect there are others:)

Hi !

If you need to make pipes you might want to check Pictrix C_worm plugin (there is "older" free version but works nice) and you can make pipes interactively in few seconds.

http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/C_WormLt/index.html

cheers

Capt Lightwave
05-24-2006, 03:56 PM
<snip> Use Profiler to make it a pipe. Perfect! <snip>
Len Krenzler

Profiler? Can't seem to find that one in my toolbox...can anyone tell me why that may be?

stevecullum
05-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah LWCAD rocks, but thats was until I discovered the joys of PICTRIX's plugs - they rock harder!

Definately my best purchase of recent times, C worm, SP move 3 and PP Clone, totally awesome!

Nigel Baker
05-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Well I will have to add my name to the list.
If anyone is wondering should they or shouln't they.

I advise YES.

Thanks Victor

hrgiger
05-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Profiler? Can't seem to find that one in my toolbox...can anyone tell me why that may be?

Once you install LWCAD and go to configure your menus, you should find it under the LWCAD Polygon Detail heading.

mav3rick
05-25-2006, 06:13 AM
lw cad is ULTIMATE

Hipcheck
05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I must agree. LWCAD is the beez kneez! LOL!

Silkrooster
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a strong feeling I will be upgrading to ver 2 myself. An excellent plug in. I highly recommend it even if you don't plan on doing buildings, the tools are extremely useful.
Silk

stevecullum
05-25-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.sharbor.com/products/WTON0280005.html

LWCAD upgrade is up for a bargain $75.00, but somewhere it was mentioned that LW9 upgraders would get a special deal when it's released. The question is though, will it be as good or better than this?

Don't want to lose a baragin by waiting, only to find NT special price is $89.99!

Dodgy
05-26-2006, 03:10 AM
I understood that LW users who got the free LWCAD with their upgrade would have to pay the full price to go to v2. However, NT europe have managed a deal which would allow some form of upgrade price, which I guess would be somewhere between the full and upgrade price...

stevecullum
05-26-2006, 03:54 AM
I don't see why LW upgraders would have to pay anything other than the upgrade price on offer. Unless the software can somehow distinguish that I downloaded it from Newtek and not from W-Tools directly. (Different type serials numbers?)

When we got DFX for free, we weren't excluded from upgrading at the normal upgrade price, so I doubt it will be any different with LWCAD.

IMO at $75.00 (40ish) its a steal!

Safe Harbor
05-26-2006, 07:51 AM
The $75 upgrade is for anyone with 1.5, whether you purchased it or got it free. And no, there will not be a better deal once LW9 is released - in fact, the price will go UP. So preorder it now!

BazC
05-26-2006, 07:58 AM
That's a heck of a deal! Do you accept Paypal?

creativecontrol
05-26-2006, 08:24 AM

I found the isntallation tricky. Follow the instructions very carefully. When you're done you should have two extra tabs in your modeler called LWCAD and LWCADext. Profiler is in LWCADext.

Safe Harbor
05-26-2006, 08:37 AM
That's a heck of a deal! Do you accept Paypal?

Yes we do. You'd have to place the order over the phone, and we would email you a payment request.

BazC
05-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Ah! That's little awkward as I'm in the UK, maybe not so bad though.

art
05-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi !
If you need to make pipes you might want to check Pictrix C_worm plugin (there is "older" free version but works nice) and you can make pipes interactively in few seconds.
http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/C_WormLt/index.html
cheers
Regarding pipes, there is also free TAZ Pipe Lscript (page seems to be down at the moment)
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37975

There might be one more crappy one coming, but its not finished yet.

Nevertheless, LWCAD is a great tool.

tyrot
05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
dear tiffani

is there any release date, at least approx. first week? last week? I have to know... We are about to start a big arch project and we are daily based dealing with client for an estimated budget.

If LWCAD2 delivers what our master polish mind showed us, (especially AutoCad import ) probably my life will be changed eternally.

This plugin probably will be directly saving me a Life....

LW9+LWCAD2+Pictrix'sSPGems = H E A V E N L Y L I F E

BEST

chazzpa
06-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Since I moved out of London I have been creating more Architectural type models and scenes. I just love LWCad for this kind of work. In particular I have been developing the ability to create old fashioned windows, you know, ogee arches, stained glass frames from old churches etc. I wondered if there are any more tutorials of this nature as i am quite ne w to CAD and relatively inexperienced with Lightwave generally.

Safe Harbor
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
dear tiffani

is there any release date, at least approx. first week? last week? I have to know... We are about to start a big arch project and we are daily based dealing with client for an estimated budget.

If LWCAD2 delivers what our master polish mind showed us, (especially AutoCad import ) probably my life will be changed eternally.

This plugin probably will be directly saving me a Life....

LW9+LWCAD2+Pictrix'sSPGems = H E A V E N L Y L I F E

BEST

Sorry, I didn't see your post until just now. LWCAD 2 will ship after LW9 is released, which we don't know any more than the next guy when that will be.

Snosrap
06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Those real-time boolean's are awsome! Ordered it!

Snos