PDA

View Full Version : I need a Limo...

nikturnal
05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm looking for a model of a limousine (preferrably a lincoln) and any city scapes that will work in LW. I'm putting together a simple animation and don't really have the time for modeling. I've checked out 3d02.com and can only find .max/3ds models for a limo. Any ideas??? Does anyone know of a good application or process to convert these formats to .lwo? I'm willing to spend $$$. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sarford
05-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Look at www.turbosquid.com

Also Dosch Design has many models for sale most of them in lwo format

www.doschdesign.com

nikturnal
05-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks Sarford, I looked there as well and no luck. Dosch has one listed in their concept cars DVD but no picture of it. I'm kind of nervous buying it without knowing what it looks like. Guess I'll keep looking. Anyone know where I might find blueprints? I used to have a good site bookmarked but I must have lost it.

petrik247
05-25-2006, 02:35 AM
You can load .3ds models into modeler. Just select all file types and open the object like you would an .obj file. If its a .max file your going to have to open it in max and export it as a 3ds. The 30 day free max demo will do this.

Sarford
05-25-2006, 04:05 AM
I've found the people at Dosch Design to be very helpfull. I guess if you mail or call them and ask them if you can see a picture of their limo they will send you one.

I think calling is better and faster than mailing, they speak english.

nikturnal
05-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Thanks petrik247 for the useful info. I'll try downloading the demo and check it out. I've been meaning to do that anyways. Thanks Sarford as well, I'll call them today. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

wjo53
05-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Have you tried http://www.dmi3d.com/models6.html ?

nikturnal
05-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks wjo53, you just saved me lots of time and money. Many, many, many thanks.