PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Menu Text Exceeding Tab Area

the_professor
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
That's about it. Check out the attached picture to see what I mean. Just noticed the problem recently. It also affects pretty much all input boxes (Numeric, etc.). I've tried trashing the Preferences, but it did no good. Just wondering if this has ever come up in the past and if there was a fix out there. Thanks in advance!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/the_professor/500plus/lwbug.jpg

cactusboy
05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
You're not alone there - I have had the exact same problem and also trashed my prefs to no avail :(

Everything was fine until I updated Tiger to 10.4.6 and then I got the overlapping text thing in both Lightwave and Modeler. Unfortunately I haven't found a fix yet - still the same problem when I re-installed.

gerry_g
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Don't think it's a 10.4.6 problem , I'm on that and it's not what I'm getting, your tabs look way small, even if I scrunch my main widow down to 6700 pix wide I still don't get that.......are you running a very low monitor resolution, cos that's what it looks like to me

the_professor
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm running with the window(s) completely maximized in 1900x1200 on a 22" cinema display. Doubt it's a resolution issue.

I do believe the issue may have begun upon upgrading to 10.4.6 however.

johnchuray
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
What you have there is a missing font problem. Unfortunately, I'm no help since I went with Font Book over Suitcase and ended up with all three million of my fonts open all the time. Not all Apple software is the best.

cactusboy
05-24-2006, 07:16 PM
now that you mention it, i had just tried importing some type1 fonts - grrrrrr
any ideas what might be missing?