PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issue

nightmare
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Hello,

My school for there recording class likes to do live shoots. Before we use to do the sound seperately from VT; but, now we run it through our SX-84.

What we have is a boom mic and a directors mic. I want it so that the boom mic can go to one output and the director mic can go to another (one goes to our tv system, the other should go to our camera people).

Is there a way in VT[4] we can change this around?

Jim Capillo
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Unless you want to record the director for some reason, you ought to keep the two systems separate (sound and intercom). There is just too much risk that the director's mic will be turned up.... plus I don't think it's even possible, you will have to pay attention to the impedance of the headsets - the SX-84 will probably not drive them. If you don't have any money to spend, see if you can find an old mic amp laying around and feed the director's mic into it and then route the output to the headsets. If you do have a budget, there are inexpensive wireless handheld "walkie talkies" that have earbuds and a mic. More money will get you a "real" intercom system.

Check eBay, too......

nightmare
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Is there anyway I can do this with the PA Mix?

nightmare
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I can get everything to work right now, but it just all comes out to the TV, I'm trying to split up the output.

Jim Capillo
05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Did you try panning the output to the L and the director to the R ?

nightmare
05-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Did you try panning the output to the L and the director to the R ?

Thanks, it didn't work. We got a M-AUDIO set-up work, thanks for the help :).