PDA

View Full Version : Digital Confusion Artifacts

Andyjaggy
05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't know if this is a common problem or not, It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when using digital confusion I get these wierd circles in my image. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix for it? Maybe I should do a seach on the forums this has probably been discussed before.....

jeremyhardin
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
weird circles could entail any number of things. most common DC error though is using Adaptive Sampling, I'd say. so I'd double-check that.

got a picture of these circles?

Andyjaggy
05-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Nope Adaptive sampling is off, so that's not the problem. I don't have a picture at the moment, guess it would help to post one.

RedBull
05-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes i can get them depending on the scenes, lights and yes adaptive sampling will affect DC too....

Try changing the aperature diaphram shap to something else.... (does it affect the circles?) But generally being a post process image filter, it will happen sometimes..

Andyjaggy
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I moved the camera around a little and changed the amount of dof and it mostly fixed the problem. It seems to always happen when I have area lights in the scene is what I decided.