PDA

View Full Version : Vue5 Infinite export/import

InsaneRambo
05-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Im new to using these programs, but I am having problems getting my works onto Vue5 and then them working properly. Sometimes they are not visible and in the object selector it has a X on the name. Anyone know how to solve this please help me.

Silkrooster
05-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Hmmm. I have not run across that problem yet. But I do know that there are some lightwave objects that will not load into vue, mostly anything that is subpatched won't load.
What steps are you taking to get that problem. Some objects in vue are copyrighted and will not export, BTW.
Silk

dballesg
05-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Hi,

Vue doesn't import Lightwave objects correctly with several layers and UV's in more than one map :(

Best regards,
David

Hipcheck
05-23-2006, 07:50 AM
so basically, it's pretty much worthless eh? doesnt do subpatches, doesnt do multiple layers, doesnt do UV's... sheesh... what's left?

colkai
05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Go the other way. There is a very nice tutorial on using LW and Vue which shows how to get some good results.

http://esnips.com/web/vue2lw-tutes

Oh, by "go the other way", I mean, import the landscape into Lw instead of exporting everything to Vue.

Hipcheck
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey thanks for that bit of info! Was starting to wonder wich table leg this CD was gonna level out.

dballesg
05-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi,

What Colkai suggest will alllow you only to import the terrain and its materials baked on images.

Vue Infinite DO NOT export the Ecosystems to Lightwave, the best way to go until they release a xStream version for Lightwave is the VueSynchro plugin to composite Lightwave and Vue renders, if you want to use the Ecosystem capabilities.

Best reagrds,
David

colkai
05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Nope, it does not, but the front projection mapping trick in the tutorials means the end result looks as if the ecosystem is in place, which is all that really matters.
As to xStream - EEEK - nope, cannea justify that sort of cost for a plugin to an app that costs the same amount. I think I'm likely to stick with the FP method. :p ;)

Davoid
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Where do I get the "VueSynchro plugin" from?

Thanks,
Dave

dballesg
05-24-2006, 03:12 AM
The VueSynchro plugin it is on the CD of Vue.

Best regards,
David

kylekoch
05-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Nope, it does not, but the front projection mapping trick in the tutorials means the end result looks as if the ecosystem is in place, which is all that really matters.
As to xStream - EEEK - nope, cannea justify that sort of cost for a plugin to an app that costs the same amount. I think I'm likely to stick with the FP method. :p ;)
I cant get this tute to play, its quicktime but what else do I need to get it to play?
thx
kyle

colkai
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
It's probably QT7, are you using an earlier version?

Davoid
05-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks David, found it :)

roboanarchy
05-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Where is this Xstream for lightwave??
Wish they would show us some progress.

colkai
05-25-2006, 03:17 AM
Last I heard it was $500 to buy and "in progress", not much more been said since.

Hipcheck
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
LOL! $500! ... ya... no.

MiniFireDragon
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
A wise Vue would wait for a final release of Lightwave before they made an XStream plug, no?

Digital Hermit
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Vue... Wise... isn’t that an oxymoron?

jthair
05-29-2006, 08:46 AM
so basically, it's pretty much worthless eh? doesnt do subpatches, doesnt do multiple layers, doesnt do UV's... sheesh... what's left?

Try freezing your sub patches.

John

MiniFireDragon
06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Ooohhh, XStream to be released for Lightwave too!! Just got the email. Been to the site, looks neato, but will need proof of rendering using nodal system in Vue, since it seems Vue does the rendering.

Ma3rk
06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Is there another site that might have the tutorials mentioned here:

>Go the other way. There is a very nice tutorial on using LW and Vue which >shows how to get some good results.

http://esnips.com/web/vue2lw-tutes

The link will only allow to save the files. I've done that but Quicktime only displays a white screen and an error that software needed is missing & not available on the QT server. The audio is there though.

Is there a special codec perhaps?

Thanks,

Mark

goodrichm
06-26-2006, 10:02 AM
I downloaded and the tuts work ok for me. Do you have QT 7.1 installed on your puter? If not, maybe that's the prob...MG

Wolvy_UK
06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I get that white screen when trying to play .mov files sometimes too, but these work ok on my computer. Update Quicktime as goodrichm said first, then if they still won' t work, change the files from .mov to .mp4, and use something like VLC player to watch them.

jasonwestmas
06-27-2006, 12:58 AM
LOL, i can think of three plugs that are way more useful for $500 smackers.

keving007
06-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Vue doesn't import Lightwave objects correctly with several layers and UV's in more than one map :(

Best regards,
David

There are several ways to take UV's objects from LW to Vue. You have to play with the methods to see what will work best for you. If your model is tripled and is less than (I think) 65k polys, you can simple export to 3DS file and import that object into Vue. Will work with multiple UV maps fine. The other method is to export to an OBJ file, use UVMapper to load and save the model with different name (It does something with the UVs to make them Vue happy) then import that new obj into Vue.

. . . As to xStream - EEEK - nope, cannea justify that sort of cost for a plugin to an app that costs the same amount. I think I'm likely to stick with the FP method. :p ;)

xStream will be compatible with LW9. If you purchased LW9 like I did, then you got Vue5i for FREE. Seems like a pretty good deal to get 2 for the price of one. If the LW version works as good as the Max demo on E-on website, I will definitely add this to my arsenal. No compositing tricks or FP will get that level of integration. Ofcourse this is all just my opinion. :D

Ooohhh, XStream to be released for Lightwave too!! Just got the email. Been to the site, looks neato, but will need proof of rendering using nodal system in Vue, since it seems Vue does the rendering.

Actually the render engines work together and seperately. LW will render the native LW objects (including nodel surfacing), HVs, lights . . . while Vue will render the terrain, ecosystems, and atmosphere, depending on how you choose to use it. Each renderer takes into account the objects, lights, etc. of the other prog so that shadows and reflections can be included.

Last I heard it was $500 to buy and "in progress", not much more been said since.

It is available to purchase but is in Pre-Release. If you purchased now, you would be able to download the Pre-Release version to work with the LW9-beta. The final version will be finished and made available after LW9 ships and the xStream (LW) plugin is finished.

Personally I can't wait for this to be completed. But then again this will be very usefull in my projects. It may not be for others. Hope this info helps. :thumbsup:

kev

dballesg
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
There are several ways to take UV's objects from LW to Vue. You have to play with the methods to see what will work best for you. If your model is tripled and is less than (I think) 65k polys, you can simple export to 3DS file and import that object into Vue. Will work with multiple UV maps fine. The other method is to export to an OBJ file, use UVMapper to load and save the model with different name (It does something with the UVs to make them Vue happy) then import that new obj into Vue.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the 3DS tip, I knew the .obj->UV Mapper one, but has failed misserabily with some objects.

Anyhow to my knowledge, e-on is looking to improve the native LightWave importer due to the UV problems :)

Best regards,
David

Wonderpup
06-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyhow to my knowledge, e-on is looking to improve the native LightWave importer due to the UV problems

Isn't it now in their interests to keep the current poor integration to drive people to xstream? I'm almost paranoid enough to belive they diliberately did a bad job just to get people to the point where they would pay up for a working solution. The vue sych plugin is a complete joke.