PDA

View Full Version : VT4 install help please

prospector
05-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Just upgraded to VT4
still VT2 card tho

no matter what I try (read all threads about this),re-install VT4 software, reinstall WinXP and VT4 software,threw tantrum, swore at compy, swore at Newtek (sorry), I can't get the drivers to work.

Keep getting
'there has been a problem communicating with the VT[4] drivers. This might be caused by errors in a previous time that you ran the software (hasn't run yet), or a failure to communicate with the VT[4] hardware (was running prior, and will run on another compy now). Try rebooting your computer (did many times) and reseating the Toaster (which I did many times checking different slots and checked in another compy). You should also check that your VT[4] drivers are fully installed and running correctly....(HOW)???

drivers seem to be in driver folder
went thru bios and all PCI items are on.

mobo is Eletegroup K8T890-A
AMD 64 X2
2 gigs PC3200 ram

prospector
05-20-2006, 04:56 PM
tried since last post;

Load VT2 software
got
ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST

PCI slots bad?...
Checked with my 2 pci controller cards (only thing I have for PCI slots), both worked and found HDs connected to them..
Good PCI slots??

Reinstalled Via 4 in 1 drivers

getting same driver error when starting VT4

inquisitive
05-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Are you running WinXP 64? I don't think the drivers for VT4 are 64bit, perhaps that is your problem. I am still running under WinXp 32.

TRCC
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I got the same thing for almost a year since I upgraded to VT 4, I complained to the dealer, to newtek (I was on a name basis with Tech as I called so much) and I had no solutions. Finally after almost a year, I complained again and got some answers. Apparantly it was my SX-8 not working properly, and they replaced it with an 84 at no cost, even after warrantee. That might be something to look at, possibly your SX-8 (if thats what you have)

Luke

prospector
05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
inquisitive...32 bit
TRCC ........don't have one

running in another machine for now till I discover what's up, so board DOES work

MBeck
05-21-2006, 07:10 PM
What OS are you using? is it Server or XP or what?

prospector
05-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Win XP Pro

right now it's in the box listed just in the next line

billmi
05-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Every time I have done an instal or reinstall, the proceedure has been like this...

Use WinXP install/remove programs to remove the previous version.

Install the new version.

Reboot.

After re-booting, WinXP says there is new hardware - follow WinXP's prompts to install the new drivers.

Then run VT.

Are you skipping the step of installing the drivers, and or trying to run VT before installing them (separate step from running the installer for VT)?

prospector
05-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Running just as you say......I think
is there a seperate installer for the drivers?
I follow whatever comes up in the main installer, at the end I can see boxes come onto the screen, but they go so fast they barely show up and you would miss them if ya didn't know where they were at all, but they show in the same place as the VT2 driver windows showed up so I take it those are the drivers being installed.

jcupp
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
During the first boot after you install the VT, Windows Plug and Play should throw up a requester saying it found new hardware and asking if it should access the web to find newer drivers etc. Say no and after a few seconds you should get confirmation that the drivers have been installed and your new hardware is ready to use. I you aren't seeing this or are cancelling out of it then the drivers aren't installed.

The error messages you are getting are consistant with the driver not being installed.

prospector
05-23-2006, 02:52 AM
no requester, so I can't say anything.
can they be manually installed? all I see are cab files.
in the VT folder on C drive it LOOKS? like there are a lot of drivers there.

jcupp
05-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Device Manager | right click Video Toaster* | update driver | run through wizard
* It could be listed as Multi Media Device

If this doesn't work I've got no idea.

inquisitive
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Maybe the motherboard is just not compatible. There are situations in which motherboards are not compatible with all kinds of addon cards. Personally I have never heard of that brand.

When it comes to motherboards I have always used Asus, Abit, Supermicro.

prospector
05-25-2006, 07:13 AM
jcupp...nope not listed

inquisitive ...Neither have I, but this is a 64 compatible card so I thought there may be something I missed that other 64 guys would know.

yes they are 33 MHz slots

and last night it quit seeing the LW key :cursin:

inquisitive
07-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Please tell us what happened? It may help someone else in the future.
I assume that you fixed your issue and that is why there are no new posts?