PDA

View Full Version : Headings on model/eyes not matching

Bill K
05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I am working on the Digiwonk tutorials with the "Zombie" (included with LW content) model, trying to set up null objects as targets for the eyes.

I rotated the model in Modeler, and the Zombie mesh has its' heading in Layout pointing toward the +x axis. The eyes have their heading in Layout pointing toward the +z axis.

I am trying to set up null objects as targets to animate the eyes; the eyes are pointing straight ahead until I set targets for each eye in Motion Options, after setting targets, the eyes are pointed 90 degrees toward the +x axis.

Any help/insights/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated as to how I can possibly fix this. Thanks.

Bill K.

gilbert
05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
hi there
that happen to me long time ago but after trying a couple of thing i decided to rotate the eyes in modeler facing the oposite direction (-) save the object and when i asigned the goal null in layout they will be facing right direction.
may be there is a better fix but i got it working lika that
good luck

Gilbert Figueroa
www.gfmediagroup.com

Bill K
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your reply Gilbert. I tried that, along with changing the heading & pitch of the eyes in Layout. So far I have seen progress, (but not a solution) by placing bones in the eyes, weight-mapping the eyes, and trying to set up the targets to interact with the eye bones. The eyes are still rotating after setting targets to the "eye bones" - I have tried adjusting the rotation & pitch of the eyes, recording bone rest length/pivot rotations for the eye bones,then setting targets to the eye bones. I think I moved something too much in Modeler with respect to the eyes. Oh well, it's a learning opportunity.