PDA

View Full Version : What's being done for the IKB in 9.0?

jbarker
05-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks to the folks at NT for the updates on what's going on with v9. I can't seem to find any info on the exact updates/changes to the IKB tool other than the initial mention that it's being worked on. What kind of changes/improvments can we expect exactly with this particular tool? My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed in detail elsewhere.

Looking forward to getting my hands on 9!

jbarker
05-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller....?

Bueller......?

Wonderpup
05-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi jbarker,

The only people who may know the answer would be those involved in the Beta program and they are all under an NDA, so would not be able to talk about it.

hrgiger
05-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Well, according to the LW9 Features page, nothing is being changed with IKB. But Jay Roth has stated that they will be doing some major work with character animation tools in Lightwave, and I got the impression that it would be during the 9.x cycle, but I haven't heard anything about it for the initial release.

Dodgy
05-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe we could start a wish list here :)

The ability to pin an item's rotation as well as it's position.
The ability to change an item to scale mode as well as move/rotate.

Feel free to add :)

jbarker
05-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the replies guys (and/or gals). You're right hrgiger, there never was any mention of changes to IKB only to the character animation in general - perhaps my wishful thinking at work? Oh well, I guess I'll have to do the one thing I hate most......wait and see.

omeone
05-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Maybe we could start a wish list here :)

Feel free to add :)

"variable drag control" or "drag without worry", as shown here with No. 1 (http://www.animanium.com/product.htm)(see Locks and Snaps - we have snap, we'd like Lock too)
! Seamless integration with MotionMixer or its own motion NLE
! Intergration to LW's core to allow 3rd Party interaction / user customisation
Customisable Keyboard Shortcuts independant from Layout like the GE is now
Customisable Mouse Input (not the mouse menus - but the actual clicks) with chord support
! Get rid of handles - use axis-constraints that work the same as the perspective viewport in modeller
! A solution to bind (track) a node accross a surface or along a spline automatically
Allow individually sizeable nodes
FK Target to work on parents and other hierarchies
Add a colour option to the node right click menu
Option to turn off elastic bands to floating nodes
custom text for notes on nodes
Forward and Backward count option for Ghosting

! Bold, are the ones I really really want