PDA

View Full Version : How to make FIRE BALL

jazzcafe
05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Could you please teach me how to make Fire ball like a meteor ??
Please let me write my current situation.

Now I'm making Bowling CG in which the Fire ball is rotating and going to bump the 10 pins.
And this CG must keep the image strong.
In this scene, there are only 10pins and fire ball and wood lane. Background is black.

This movie length is only 7 or 8 seconds or so, however, I want to render this fire ball effect as much as shortly in LW8. Because I want to render this fire ball action from many different camera angles at least 5 or 6 angles.

I'm going to use and compose these fire ball footages in AfterEffects finally.
Ofcourse, now I'm thinking about attach this fire effect in AfterEffects by using the plug-in like a panopticum fire3.0 instead of using LW8. However, I don't think I can get same result from AfterEffects.

So, I think that best way is to attach the effect in LW8.

And I've already had Napalm. Should I use this plug-in?
Actually I've been trying to attach the fire effect to the ball by using Napalm.But I can't do that well. If you know how to use Napalm well, could you please teach me how to make it?

I'd really like to know how to make this fire ball effectively in LW8.

Thank you very much in advance.

HowardM
05-18-2006, 04:11 AM
You can do something pretty decent using Particles/HV Sprites in LW 8.5+
here was a test - http://www.3dink.com/LighterFlame_3.mov

Make your Bowling ball an emitter, emitting from Surface, and use some winds to swirl the particles as they emit. Get the generic Fire Preset from Newtek and use it as a starting point....

do a search for fire here and on Spinquad or CGtalk, there are many posts this past year on how to make good fire...

starbase1
05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Yes, I had something similar, and also found that the fire presets were an excellent starting point. Napalm has a very good reputation, but this is also do able in LW native.

Just play with the particle emitters, (stuff like lifetime, and inhherit motion and exxplode) until they look good and do the textures later.

Cheers, Nick

Dimension43
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Thank you very much for the replys!

First of all, sorry, I recognized I shouldv'e used the search engine on this site.From next time, I'll use it first.:agree:

Now I'm trying to make fireball effects by using HyperVoxel3.0 and particle emitter without using Napalm.
And I haven't have LW8.5 yet.

I'm gonna try tomorrow again.

Thank you very much:)

faulknermano
05-18-2006, 10:52 PM
there's a nice free (for now) voxel plugin called dynamite. www.catarcan.com

Dimension43
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Thank you very much for the information about the plugin!
I'll try to use it.:)

Actually, I think I can get ideal result from HV sprites!!
Today, I've almost done well this fire ball effects.

And I have to apologize about my account name.
I made new account because I didn't remember my name here and password.
However, fortunately, from my home desktop, I was able to log in this forum and post the reply.

Sorry for confusing. :bowdown:
I'm going to use my "dimention43" name from now on.

Thank you very much for all replies.:)

HowardM
05-20-2006, 06:24 AM
cool, lets see your results!

also, check out Denis' plugins, great for smoke and fire HVs!
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/dpont/plugins/Textures.htm

DMarkwick
05-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Polas' Fire&Smoke (http://www.polas.net/smoke/index.php) plugin is good for getting the movement right. You'll still need to find an appropriate HV texture though.