PDA

View Full Version : is this thing on???

froggyplat
02-07-2003, 08:16 PM
nothing much to this, but i was messing around with one of the canned "scenes" in eki's plug-in pack. he's my current WIP for an upcoming project.

http://www.digiwonk.com/junk/bligg.jpg

Memz
02-07-2003, 08:53 PM
He looks good. He has a few bad places but other than that hes great! Can we get a wireframe of him? We love wires.. :D

Lamont
02-07-2003, 09:16 PM
What up FroggyPlat,

You haven't been around the CGchat forums in a while...

Looks nice so far, do you plan to animate him?

Joril
02-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Not bad so far, the model could use some touching up to remove the pinches in the mesh (head, belly).

froggyplat
02-07-2003, 09:31 PM
here's a wire, he's only about 50% there..going to add a few clothes items, finish off his backpack, define the legs and hands a little better, do the ribs and forearms..err, basically everything.

http://www.digiwonk.com/junk/BliggWire.jpg

heya, lamont...yeah, i've really been slacking off on cgchat lately:) i still lurk there, but i've been spending a lot of time on other forums, and doing some contract work. with this new forum now, i'll never get anything done, lol.

yes, he's part of an animated short i'm working on with a colleague (we're animating some of it motionbuilder). i'm pretty excited about the story...we're going to be working on it all year.

Memz
02-07-2003, 09:36 PM
The mesh is nice and clean. I like it. Just work out the pinches in the belly and head like stated earlier and you'll be golden. Good luck!

Alial
02-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Cool.

I actually like the pinches in the head, and belly. They add character.

You should give him some sort of crazy big red eye, would look really cool.

wgreenlee1
02-07-2003, 10:59 PM
The only crit I really have is does he have a suit on or is he naked?
I know aliens are alien but with this guy I can see his finger nail and there is no neckline to what looks to be a suit.

Looking good though!

Memz
02-07-2003, 11:31 PM
He looks nekkid to me. ;) Or he is wearing some abnormally skin tight clothing. lol Or maybe a bio suit with no artistic design at all. :D :D

froggyplat
02-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by wgreenlee1
The only crit I really have is does he have a suit on or is he naked?
I know aliens are alien but with this guy I can see his finger nail and there is no neckline to what looks to be a suit.

Looking good though!

lol, yeah he's pretty naked at the moment. he will eventually have a vest, and the piece on the front will attach to the backpack. but he will be partially unclothed, i think, with actual feet. i'll touch up those pinches as well.

anyway, thanks for the C&C guys. hopefully i'll have more soon. we're trying to finish up the script and storyboards before we do any production work.

cheers.

Memz
02-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Put some holographic displays on his vest. That would be sweet! ;)