PDA

View Full Version : VT4 Sync to Digital Recorder

ckdproductions
05-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi,
I have a question about what sync options are available with the VT system.
Equipment we have:
VT4 System
Alesis HD24(can be MTC master, not slave)

What options we have to sync the 2 together. We are trying to record the video and audio at the same time but we need to edit them on 2 different computers w/ 2 different softwares and them still be synced together when encoding audio w/ video. Video software being VT System and Audio software being Pro Tools(Will import from HD24). I know I need to use 29.97FPS for my frame rate but I am not sure how to change the sync properties inside of VT system. Can you use a midi interface for MTC sync or what options do you have??? Thanks. If you need anymore info please let me know. My email is [email protected] Thanks again.

PIZAZZ
05-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately VT does not have any kind of Midi Time Code or SMPTE time code chasing capability. This has been something ask for but the only with limited demand. Of course, you could always go old school with a clapper at the beginning of each take.

BTW I am your local Newtek dealer. I see you already have a VT but I still would be happy to help you in any future purchases. Remember you can get a FREE standalone copy of SpeedEdit if you upgrade your VT4 to VT5 by June 30, 2006.

Let me know how I can further help you in the future.

Oh and drop me an email sometime with your contact information so I can put you on our mailing list.

Welcome to Toaster land!