PDA

View Full Version : audio popping sounds

Bassbloke2000
05-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Why does my audio start making a popping sound (actually more like a regular "crump" sound)? After playing audio awhile, it starts making this popping sound at regular intervals and interrupts everything that I play thereafter. Since my toastercard is my audio card, i thought I would try to find the answer here.
It happened before, i formatted the hard drive for lack of a better remedy, and now its doing it again.
Thanks

Jim Capillo
05-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Many folks have found this to be a heat related problem. Do you have enough fans on the board? If you even think that might be it, pop the case and put a large fan directly on the card and then see if that makes a difference. Once you eliminate heat, you can move on to other possible fixes.

Pete Draves
05-28-2003, 07:40 AM
I have had several of these heat related boards show up in new system integration. The boards are rev f.
check with tech support for answers.
Pete Draves
CV Productions

James Moore
05-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Does the bad audio sounds start after you have been using other apps for sound work? Does the bad sound ever start while you are editing in TEd and not having used any other thing (i.e. CD player)?

Dario Bajurin
05-31-2003, 01:51 PM
I have also audio popping problem. With this VT2 is unusabe. Please HELP!

Well I inspect little bit and these are simptoms:
- while machine is booting, windows starting, videotoaster starting, starting all or one modules THERE IS NO POPPING

- POPPING stats with first push on record (capture) button

- after that POPPING is always hering until you turn machine down. There is no way that popping stops. End of VT programs, killing tasks there is no help

Jim Capillo
05-31-2003, 02:58 PM
Have you checked for heat?

Bassbloke2000
05-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Jim,

I increased the airflow over the toaster card, and I have yet to hear the problem arise again. I was attributing it to bad drivers or something software related, but it seems to have been a heat related issue.

Thanks for the tip buddy.

:)

Jim Capillo
05-31-2003, 07:40 PM
You're welcome ! ;)

Dario Bajurin
06-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks,

small vent is not enought, but the big one solve the problem (25 cm cca 10 inch) !!!!

Gator77
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Many folks have found this to be a heat related problem. Do you have enough fans on the board? If you even think that might be it, pop the case and put a large fan directly on the card and then see if that makes a difference. Once you eliminate heat, you can move on to other possible fixes.

Jim,
I had this crackling, popping noise problem with my SONY CPD-120VS Monitor recently, when I searched for and found this and several threads concerning this problem. In reading about the problem with the overheating and possibly the need for an additional fan, I first checked my CPU setup. What I noticed was that I had my modem next to the air vent on one side and the other side of my CPU was against the side of my work desk. When I moved the modem away from the vent and moved my CPU approximately 4 inches from the desk to allow room to ventilate, the popping and crackling stopped and has not returned. I decided to post this just in case some other person may have the same problem and are not aware of how to possibly rectify this problem without additional expense.
Thanks for the postings...!
V/R
Patrick Rushing
Tampa Florida

Jim Capillo
01-24-2005, 12:56 PM
When I moved the modem away from the vent and moved my CPU approximately 4 inches from the desk to allow room to ventilate, the popping and crackling stopped and has not returned. I decided to post this just in case some other person may have the same problem and are not aware of how to possibly rectify this problem without additional expense.

Well, I can see you might have a heat problem in FL, but certainly not here, at least not this week. :D Brrrr........

Seriously, heat related problems can be easily overlooked and attributed to other software problems.

Glad it worked out for you.

Hey, how about those Pats ???? :)

See you in Jacksonville in 2 weeks !!!!! :D :D

Rob222
02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
We have some Intel chipsets that come with Integrated audio and normally we disable the onboard audio however if the sound drivers for this card have ever been installed it will cause the popping sound. Uninstalling these drivers will usually clear up this problem.

Chad Douglas
Quality PC

jhogarty
03-11-2005, 03:52 PM
(snip)

Sorry I meant to post a new one, not do a reply.

J.

eon5
03-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Bassbloke2000, have you a SDI card ?

go to Preferences > SDI audio > use analog audio will usually clear up this problem.