PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Station Id

skyytv
05-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I've managed to get our station ID on air by using the DSK in VT[4]. My only problem is that the logo seems to be flickering (its not very stable). I put the station (which is a *.tif file through a DDR) and put the DDR on the DSK. Is there another way to get my station ID on air? Maybe using the Title Templates or CG Player? Thanx in advance.

kltv
05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Does your logo have a lot of skinny horizontal detail? That can cause flick on television monitors. You might try throwing a 1 pixel vertical blur on it before saving it out Photoshop or whatever app you are using to build the graphic. That usually kills any interlace flicker.

Kris

skyytv
05-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Its a blue logo with lots of yellow in the middle and white outlines. I'll try and put a vertical blur on it and see. Thanks.

Bobt
05-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Could be the fields are reversed. OR the lines are too thin

billmi
05-16-2006, 06:33 AM
If you can, upload the logo file here so we can take a look.

skyytv
05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
OK...How do I do that?

billmi
05-17-2006, 06:51 AM
When you are making a post, scroll down further, past the part of the page where you type text and hit "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post."

In the "Additional Options" section, there is a heading for "Attach Files."

Click the "Manage Attachment" options. This will open a pop-up window for managing files that will be attached to your forum post.

In the Attachment Manager pop-up, you will see a list of formats which are allowed to be attached. If the format of your file is not on the list (tif files are not on the list) you will need to make a .zip file of the .tif.

If you are using a Windows XP computer, just open a folder on your hard drive, and right click in an empty space. This will pop up a little context menu - scroll to "new" which will bring up more selections, one of which is "compressed (zipped) folder." Do that, and then drag your .tif file into the zip folder.

If you are using a Mac the process will be similar, only different.

Meanwhile, back at the farm... or the Attachment Manager pop-up at the case may be, you need to select the zip file as what you want to upload. Click the Browse button, and it will open a file requester, so you can look around through your hard drive and select the zip file you just created.

Once you have selected the zip file, click the upload button.

The file will then be uploaded to the form, and held with your post. Once you finish typing your post and press the Submit Reply button, your post will go online, and have a link where people can download the file you attached.