PDA

View Full Version : Strange question

Skinner3D
05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I have a model that consists of nothing but lines. No surfaces whatsoever. I would like to have the lines illuminated, preferably by particles. I tried setting the emitter to object lines and verticies, but neither worked.

The other question I have I how do you a really good looking electrical spark and or arc

completely:stumped:

lesterfoster
05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Try this link. ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/electric_CD.mov

and this link.'

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Headlines_2pp.mov

Skinner3D
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
:bangwall: Neither of the hyperlinks are working, and I get a 404 error if I type them in manually

Skinner3D
05-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I went through the system manually and found that /pub/ is not part of the actual link. Page still could not be displayed though.

Anyway thank you for the links. If I can get them working, I will be happy I am pretty sure they are what I am looking for:D

ShawnStovall
05-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Right-click on the links and go to "Save Target as", that should download the movies.

P.S. And if you can't get them to work on your media player here is a great one! http://www.videolan.org :thumbsup:

lesterfoster
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry that the links did not work for you. They are QuickTIME videos made by Proton. You need QuickTIME for them to work. I tried the links on my computer at work, and they worked. I have just tried the links on my toaster computer at home, and they worked at home too.

What I gave you was two direct links to two videos that I think would help you. Have you tried what “ShawnStovall” had suggested? Right click with your mouse and save target as?? You should be able to play the videos after you save them to your hard drive.

If not here is the link to the page that I got those other links from. http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.phpLook for the “Creating Electricity” video, and the “Tron Electric Lines Effect” video. They both have to do with what you want to do. But the “Creating Electricity” video is just what I think you are looking for. I hope that this helps.

Again if clicking on the link still is not working, Do what “ShawnStovall” suggests. Right click on link and save target to your hard drive.

Skinner3D
05-16-2006, 11:43 AM
:) :thumbsup: :cool: :l33t: ;D much thanks to both of you!