PDA

View Full Version : Multiple logos in VT[4]

skyytv
05-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi guys!

I'm having a little problem with keying multiple graphics in VT[4]. I have a station ID (a *.psd file with transparency) which passes through DSK in realtime on air. I now want to put a crawl and a lower third on different channels (on the Switcher) so I can control them individually. Is that possible? And will I still have my station ID on DSK or do I have to key it?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich Deustachio
05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
VT4 only has one DSK, VT5 is supposed to have two.

skyytv
05-15-2006, 02:17 AM
So I can't have multiple graphics on air?

chribba
05-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Why dont you use something like this: http://www.eyeheight.com/Tech_Sheets/presTX/Keyers%20-%20Downstream%20&%20Logo/BA-2_animating_logo_inserter.pdf

chribba

PIZAZZ
05-15-2006, 09:43 AM
You also could use the DataOverlayer for VT by YoungMonkey. It will allow you to put multiple layers in the DSK along with these layers being dynamically updating via an external database.

skyytv
05-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Is DataOverlayer free?

PIZAZZ
05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Is DataOverlayer free?

No.

www.youngmonkey.ca

http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/restaurant/plugins/DataOverlayer/index.html

animlab
06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi guys!

I'm having a little problem with keying multiple graphics in VT[4]. I have a station ID (a *.psd file with transparency) which passes through DSK in realtime on air. I now want to put a crawl and a lower third on different channels (on the Switcher) so I can control them individually. Is that possible? And will I still have my station ID on DSK or do I have to key it?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Since VT[4] got only one DSK, it is no way to do multi-DSK jobs. If you don't want to pay extra money for extra hardwares and you have time to do the pre-production. Just figure out how your logos, crawls, lower 3rds will show together or not, make alll the combinations as seperated CG pages. (Such logo1, logo1+crawl1, logo1+low3rd1, logo2.....)

chribba
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
This is Bobīs latest tool....

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49714&page=4

chribba

joseburgos
06-08-2006, 04:27 PM
You could have it all layed out in VT Edit and select VT Edit as the DSK.
Then enable DSK on the switcher and press play on VT Edit.
If you leave VT Edit set to LOOP, then it can just play over your switcher inputs.
Or save the project and open a DDR, load the project and DSK this DDR.

Jose Burgos

Ahmed
06-10-2006, 05:46 AM
You could have it all layed out in VT Edit and select VT Edit as the DSK.
Then enable DSK on the switcher and press play on VT Edit.
If you leave VT Edit set to LOOP, then it can just play over your switcher inputs.
Or save the project and open a DDR, load the project and DSK this DDR.

Jose Burgos
If I may add, set your DDR on Cue mode..

Wow, three posts in one day... it is the world cup fever :)

joseburgos
06-10-2006, 07:52 AM
True if he wants the graphics to be the same loop all the time, forgot about cue because I do not do live switch.
Also
If you want the, say crawl, to change or graphic to change during the switch sestion, you could fade out the dsk and edit your VT edit project or drag another pre-made VT project onto the time line and edit the CG text and then fade back the dsk and press play in VT Edit.

You have a few options here :)

Jose Burgos