PDA

View Full Version : something that should be easy

romainclark
05-12-2006, 10:44 PM
True, I am a newbie to lightwave but I feel this should be easy to do in any 3d software: I' m trying to have particles to appear inside a 3d typo (some letters that I extruded in modeler and flipping the normals of polygons inside) to which I assigned a glass surface, so the particles will reveal the letters. Seems impossible to get consistent results in any ways after trying very hard for 2 days. I assigned particle dynamics in layout for the type, and then collision dynamic to the same typo. If someone could at least point me in the right direction...

DiedonD
05-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Ammm romainclark. That doesnt sounds all that easy! And you say your a newbie?! No wonder you put up with it for two days. I cant understand it all completely, and probably some other more knowing coleagues would reply with proper help, but you shouldnt beat yourself to it. It sounds like more than a newbie should handle anyway. Hang in there.

NanoGator
05-13-2006, 02:36 AM
What about using the geometry as an emitter, instead of a collision object?

romainclark
05-13-2006, 12:55 PM
I did use the geometry as an emitter, but I guess I have then to use the same geometry as the collision object in order to constrain the particles inside it...does that make sense?

ShawnStovall
05-13-2006, 01:56 PM
You can do both.