PDA

View Full Version : Entering Registration key for LW6

Kevin Gleeson
05-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi Folks

I haven't been using Lightwave for a while and want to use it on a job
I'm working on. I've got my rego key sent back but I'm a bit rusty on
the procedure for this. I've found the licence.key file in the
Lightwave_support directory where the .exe files reside and put that number into that file. That didn't work so I put it into the documents and settings directory and that didn't work either. Where does it need to go again?

I tried entering my dongle ID on the next line but that was no good. I don't recall it being that hard a process and am a bit worried I've been sent the wrong key.

Cheers
Kevin Gleeson
Tasmania, Australia

Kevin Gleeson
05-13-2006, 01:54 AM
I've just tried updating my sentinel drivers to no avail. I also downloaded the sentinelmedic and it found both that and my Adobe dongles, so it seems happy that the dongle is fine.

Anyone got any ideas? I take it from the lack of replies that I have placed the key file in the right directory?

Cheers

TinkerManne
05-16-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm having a similar problem. I am already registered for the open beta and just tried installing LW at work. I tried a few different wordings for the license.key file but I must be goofing up the syntax. Yes, it's the latest lic. key number from NT, and yes I'm putting the license.key file in the program folder-but it keeps coming up in discovery mode and says license key not found. What exactly is the syntax LW is expecting to find in the license.key file?

dark_wisdom
05-16-2006, 07:12 AM
One small thing, make sure you edit it with notepad and not any bigger wordprocessor, they sometimes add things to the file. Do you have an error about the Licence key or the dongle ?

Phil
05-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Also make sure the filename is license.key. Notepad will tend to append a .txt to the end of the filename. Quickest way to be sure is via the command prompt :

cd \NewTek\Programs
dir lic*.*

If license.key.txt shows up, rename it as license.key.

If license.key shows up, you should be able to view it as a text file using :

more license.key

If that produces garbage in the command prompt, you don't have a plain text file.

Kevin Gleeson
05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys.

I've been away for a week which is why this went quiet.
Thankfully the job isn't on air for another week yet.

I contacted the supplier here and he couldn't resolve it and put me onto another tech support who got me to send my dongle ID and serial to him, he sent me a different rego key which worked this time, so I guess the first number I was sent was incorrect as this worked straight away.

Cheers

Kevin Gleeson