PDA

View Full Version : A very smalll but bugging problem

DiedonD
05-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I cant have a subpatched view on my characters regardles of the tweaks in Object Properties pannel. It keeps showing that Subpatches are 0 as well as metaballs, when on Modeler they are perfectly subpatched.

Why are my characters' subpatch level reduced to zero on Layout?

Dodgy
05-11-2006, 08:43 AM
If you set that value to 3, and you go into modeler and back again, does it stay as 3?

That value should be completely independent of modeler's settings. It's there to allow you control for animating and then rendering.

DiedonD
05-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Its like so. I never get a fully subpatched model into Layout. I always have to increase the display sub patched level found on object properties pannel. In this case I had to increase it for up to 10 to see it fully subpatched. Is this normal?

Maybe it was a memory issue that it didnt worked before. See I had this small 512MB of RAM do hard labour with Layout, Modeler and Photoshop work at the same time. I also had some folders and Excel programmes open. Its obviously too much for it to handle. Maybe that would cause the lack of response in displaying a fully subpatched character. Could this be so?

cresshead
05-12-2006, 08:44 AM
subpatch of 10.!
..never used it that hi on a character before...

seems you have some weird stuff going on there bud...

cresshead
05-12-2006, 08:47 AM
i usually run lightwave, modeler, layout and internet exploer okay...even on a dell 700mhz pIII...

maybe excel is killing it..microsoft apps are a known issue for getting more ram..they are sloath's and a marketing tool for a new pc!

DiedonD
05-13-2006, 01:09 AM
i usually run lightwave, modeler, layout and internet exploer okay...even on a dell 700mhz pIII...

maybe excel is killing it..microsoft apps are a known issue for getting more ram..they are sloath's and a marketing tool for a new pc!

No its not it. Ive copied those files to the beast copmuter at home. It has the usual 1gb of RAM. I didnt used anything other than Layout, and still my characters come up unsubpatched. And the worse problem happened to me. The one where even when I increase the display supbpatch level up to no matter what, it still remained unsubpatched. Your saying you guys dont have that problem? Does your work that is perfectly subpatched in modeler, comes out the same in Layout?

Dodgy
05-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Yup, I've never had this problem....

Sarford
05-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Seems like a problem with your models, since you have the same problem at home as at work.
Maybe post one of those problem models so we can take a look at it?

DiedonD
05-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Its not that I have a problem with one of those problem models. All my models turn out unsubpatched in Layout. First I thought that that was normal and one should just increase the level of subpatch at the properties panel. But now your saying that that might not be the case, and Im starting to get worried. But its attached now. ANd you have a pitcure of both how I see the same model in layout and in Modeler. And you can have a look at that fish model for yourself, just in case its too dark an all, you can change the color if you like and see weather the unsubpatch problem is still there.

I appreciate your time. Sorry about the delay.

ShawnStovall
05-13-2006, 09:24 AM
The problem is that you don't have the surfaces set to smooth in the surface options. If you don't have the surface smoothed it will appear ruff in Layout.

DiedonD
05-15-2006, 03:54 AM
The problem is that you don't have the surfaces set to smooth in the surface options. If you don't have the surface smoothed it will appear ruff in Layout.

Ammm....thats boh good news and embarasing actually. Good that nothing is seriously wrong with my computer, but **** I shoulde figured it out myself!

Thanks anyway guys, it was indeed a smull but bugging problem.