PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with 7.5 reinstall

trentonia
05-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Guys,
I had been having trouble with LW. My graph editor wouldn't work. It pops open and immediately closes. Also, when I try to add a particle emmitter or effector, LW has a fatal error and quits. I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled LW 7.5 from the CD. When I started it, it said that I had 14 days to register. I opened the license key file, typed in my license key number, and saved the file. Now when I open it, it says that the license key is invalid and that it will only run in demo mode. I think I read some stuff in the forums about this problem. I can't seem to find the appropriate posts. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get LW running again. Thanks.
greg

BeeVee
05-27-2003, 09:01 AM
I had a similar problem with my home machine and resetting your config files is always enough. The problem with the license is one of an incorrect number - either you noted it down wrong or you copied it incorrectly, so check both, if not it's a call to NewTek tech support, if you are based Stateside...

To reset your configs follow these steps for a PC:

- Close all LightWave applications (ie Layout, Modeler and Hub).
- In Windows\Profiles\[User], where [User] is the username you enter to start a Windows NT session, look for the following files : LW3.CFG, LWM3.CFG, LWEXT3.CFG and LWHUB.CFG
- Delete these files.
- Run Layout.
- Select Layout > Plug-ins > Edit Plug-ins.
- Click on Scan Directory.
- Select LightWave 7.5 Plugins folder.
- Once the plug-ins have been added, click again on Scan Directory.
- Select LightWave 7.5 LScripts folder.
- Once the LScripts are installed, click on Done.
- Quit Layout.
- Quit Hub.
- Run Modeler.
- Quit Modeler.
- Quit Hub.

B

trentonia
05-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Ben,
Thanks. I'll try this when I get home.
greg

BeeVee
05-27-2003, 09:29 AM
The whole resetting thing sounds really involved, but it's actually very simple, it just takes a few steps to explain it... :)

B