PDA

View Full Version : Loo, Loo, Skipping Frames Too

hamite1212
05-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I have just tried rendering 185 frames using ScreamerNet for the first time. After nearly pulling out the little hair that I have left to get it to render SOMETHING, and save the files to a location I can find, I have finally come in to see the scene finished... or so I hoped. Upon closer examination, I noticed frames 4,5 were missing, as were 11,12, and 16,17. As I kept going, and finally selected all the files to see how many had actually rendered, I found only 76 of the 185 frames actually rendered.

What am I doing wrong, or do I blame NewTek? What can I do to fix it? Is the problem in my batch nodes, the configuration files, or in my render options? Really, I am not a techie, so if you do have any suggestions or replies, please use laymen's terms so that I can understand them.

Thanks a lot!

lilrayray77
05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
How many nodes are you using? It may be possible that one of the nodes was not rendering for some reason.

Luv2Anim8
05-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Give MULE Network Render a try...it takes care of those nasty little screamer problems :-)

www.epicsoft.net/products/mule

hamite1212
05-11-2006, 06:42 AM
In response to the question as to how many nodes I have, there were three at first, then I stopped and added a fourth one later. The main/master computer was not doing any rendering.