PDA

View Full Version : particle question

pospi
05-27-2003, 03:54 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering if it is possible to generate objects based on the position of verticies in a parent object, sort of like in earlier versions of particleFX, when LW could create particles which were actually small object models.

I would really like to know how to do this with or without those 'particle-ish' objects having motion. If they could be created and told to stay with the vertex that they spawned from that would be ideal. Their rotation doesn't really matter.

If that were possible, groups of objects could be animated as if they formed a broken kind of 'skin' over some invisible object.. it would look really cool i think...

iluvatar
05-27-2003, 06:21 AM
hmm i did it, but i don't know exactly what i did, so you'll here from me later :p now rendering some motion test i'll upload together with a scene file...

pospi
05-27-2003, 09:01 AM
awesome, so it can be done..
hope i hear from you soon!

pospi
05-27-2003, 10:25 PM
ok, ive been fiddling with PS3:napalm to try and get it working, but it just won't spawn the damn sub-objects.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong / a better way of going about it?

Freak
05-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Not sure if i'm understanding you....

But....

In PFX you should be able to set a Parent Emitter set to Object Vertices and maybe connect it to FX Linker with your object.
Than maybe set Parent Motion to 0%

Sorry to be quick, hope it helps....

pospi
05-27-2003, 11:59 PM
awesome man! thats exactly what i was after..
thanks again!!