PDA

View Full Version : background images

bwigen
02-17-2003, 02:07 PM
I'm having no luck at loading any sort of background image into the modeler displays. I'm trying to get a face from the disk included with the Lightwave 7 book by Dan Ablan (chp 10).

mlinde
02-17-2003, 02:24 PM
What are you doing and what is happening?
I just tried loading a random image, and it worked fine.

bwigen
02-19-2003, 03:09 AM
I was trying to load a background image onto a cube. I kept trying using the access through the background display. It wouldn't let me. That was one day ago. When I last opened LW, I noticed that many of the tools (capsule and so on) were gone. Eventually, I dumped the program and reinstalled it. It seems everything works again.

MartUK
02-21-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm also having problems with the background image in LightWave 7.5 running on a dual 500 with a gig of RAM running on OS 10.2.2. As above the load image doesn't load any images though I've navigated to the correct folder in the requester box. I've got rid of my prefs files and this hasn't solved the problem after a reboot. Any suggestions other than a reinstallation which I don't fancy doing - it's a case of too much data to back up and I really don't fancy spending a weekend doing it.

mlinde
02-21-2003, 11:34 AM
I don't understand how you would load an image on a cube in modeler for for background in modeler. I can understand wanting to surface a cube, or set up a background image (for layout) on a cube.

If you want a background image for a scene, do it in Layout, it's unneccessary to do in modeler. If you are trying to load an image into the background in modeler for modeling purposes, you would use the display options.

Just a thought, try removing the jpeg.p plug-in from your plugins, and let QTTools.p control the image loading. I don't know if the image format you were trying to use was jpeg, but that has been a culprit in the past.