PDA

View Full Version : flickering HVs with screamernet

neocount73
05-08-2006, 06:13 PM
ok, I have a scene to render with Hypervoxeled particles (yes, their motion file is saved and accesible) I've gone over the the LWEXT8.cfg file, paths seems to be correct, yet I'm getting flickering frames (nuthin but black) I've read that using gradients could be problematic, so I got rid of those, still flickers. I've been trying to figure this out for the last 2 weeks, deadline looms ever closer.... sweet Jerimia the Bullfrog! Any ideas?

Luv2Anim8
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
1. Did you bake the voxel also?? it only works if your in volume mode...select volume...shading basics and then bake.

2. If you using a screamernet to render and are getting good frames from some of your systems, then it is without a doubt a network issue.

3. Give MULE Network Render a try www.epicsoft.net/products/mule
I say this because it takes care of a lot of screamernet glitches.. I use HV all the time and never had dropped HV frames...with that said...you still need the baked keys like you have...

If not, change your textures...FBM, Dented and Hetero Terrain has caused me to drink many a Guinness… (not that that’s a problem per se ) :-)

Good luck, and I hope some of this helps