PDA

View Full Version : Sliders(LW 8.5)...

LaughingVulcan
05-08-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm starting to work with them...and the're driving me slowly batty.

To begin with:

I've gotten the fingers on my character set up with Follower. I can set up a Slider cluster for the movement channels... but is there any CONSISTENT way to move the darn slider cluster around? I can double click & drag on it till the cows come home...but IT currently decides whether it wants to scroll up and/or move...

I'm honestly ready to take a hammer to the darn things.

Are there any basic rigging tutes with Sliders? I gotta be missing something basic...but I'm not sure what it is... :thumbsdow

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

kruemel_1
05-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Do you actiavte the sliders (Modify -> Sliders) ?

toonafish
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
You can activate sliders very quickly by MM dragging a box over the little icon on the left in the slider bar.

LaughingVulcan
05-08-2006, 03:44 PM
The main 'Sliders' button on one of my slider banks was off.

I think I understand the process now:

1. Select the Item or null that Sliders is applied to.
2. Click on the Sliders button to make sure its activated.
3. You should be able to click on the 'Crosshairs' in the Slider Title bar...

Thanks, kruemel_1.

Toonafish, I tried it the other way, and it works.

It's still awkward to me, though. I'm gonna keep working on it.

Thanks, guys...:D

SplineGod
05-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I used to rig with sliders but got away from it because its easier for me just use selection sets which take very little time to setup compared to sliders. Bones will rotate additively when multiselected. You can also create selection sets on the fly if new ones are needed. :)

LaughingVulcan
05-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I used to rig with sliders but got away from it because its easier for me just use selection sets which take very little time to setup compared to sliders. Bones will rotate additively when multiselected. You can also create selection sets on the fly if new ones are needed. :)

I'll have to re-watch your rigging CD again...it's been a while. I was immediately aware of the Parts/Selection sets in Modeller, but not so much so about it in Layout.

Right now, I'm really only using Sliders, (with the aid of nulls & Follower) to make curling the fingers a bit easier. one slider & I got a fist...but I'm still expirimenting with what will work best. I'm still very much a intermediate noob with rigging...:D

SplineGod
05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
If you need to simply make fists that works but its an aweful lot of work to just to that. In layout you have selection sets (aka 'favorite sets" and channel sets in the graph editor.
Its much easier to create and use a selection set to make a fist and youre not locked in to only doing that. :)