PDA

View Full Version : Camera Controls

logic28
05-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone,

does anybody know when Newtek is going to introduce remote camera controls on VTxx?

Reading through the manual I remember some software potential having been left reserved for such usage.

It said "reserved as a surprise for some future camera controls", but I still haven't heard anymore rumours.

Will it be RS232-based?

PIZAZZ
05-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone,

does anybody know when Newtek is going to introduce remote camera controls on VTxx?

Reading through the manual I remember some software potential having been left reserved for such usage.

It said "reserved as a surprise for some future camera controls", but I still haven't heard anymore rumours.

Will it be RS232-based?

The Digital Broadcaster VT plugin we sell has PTZ camera control. Currently we have it setup for the Sony EVI-D70 and BRC-300 cameras. You can currently control 4 cameras with 6 memorized positions.

Yes it is RS232 or VISCA based if you are wondering.

Feel free to ask any questions about it if you want to.
or contact me directly offline.

logic28
05-07-2006, 05:38 AM
That sounds interesting but why only six positions?
What are the limitations due to?
But more importantly how and where does one write the “cameras cues” in VT4?

PIZAZZ
05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
That sounds interesting but why only six positions?
What are the limitations due to?
But more importantly how and where does one write the “cameras cues” in VT4?

The Digital Broadcaster is a master control / scheduling solution for the VT platform. Some basic info is available here:
http://www.pizazzme.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=DigitalBroad&cat=45

The Sony cameras have internal memory for 6 preset positions which include pan/tilt/zoom/focus/iris/ and other stuff. The Digital Broadcaster plugin simply addresses those presets. Each preset is saved with a picture of the shot for visual reference. We are still working on some other items I want to do like programmed moves and such. I will try to find a screenshot to post as soon as I can.

We also are working on a standalone version that works outside of the Digital Broadcaster locked down interface and can run in VT or TriCaster as a module.

Dan Hong
05-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Holy Crap!!! Where've I been? This is the bomb Jef. I've been thinking of trying to do this with our rig, just not enough time to experiment with it.

PIZAZZ
05-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Holy Crap!!! Where've I been? This is the bomb Jef. I've been thinking of trying to do this with our rig, just not enough time to experiment with it.

Yes Dan, I even forgot to mention that to you when we were talking at NAB about you using the BRC300s. I will definitely try to get a user interface posted here asap.