PDA

View Full Version : Mesh is a mess when loaded

Sarford
05-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi guys,

I know there is a post about this same object but I can't seem to find it anymore.. so

I have a mesh of a character in layout, gave it a bone skeleton, did 'record pivot' on all the bones. I activated IK booster on the character, gave the handlers limits. Activated IK (enable IK) and bones and tested movement. Everything seemed fine. So I saved the scene.

Now when I load the scene my mesh is distorted. When I turn off bones it pops back to its original shape. Also when I put the IK booster menu on 'all items' and I select the command 'reset rotation' the whole skeleton gets messed-up.

I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't kow what :)
This is the first time I set-up a rig and I'm not realy understanding everything yet. I read something about resting the bones...

If I select a bone and press p I see a button called rest position and rest rotation but when I click it I have to enter values and I don't know wich values...

In short, I'm stumped again :P Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards, Simon

pixelinfected
05-06-2006, 06:45 AM
seems to a problem about rest position of bone.
to solve :
1) disable all bone (select all bone and click CTRL + r)
2) select all bone, press r that record all rest positions of bones.

if sometimes not work with rest position of bones at same times, start to rec rest position from big bone, and continue to other bones.

eventually post scene and obj for a check.

Sarford
05-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Thank you PixelInfected, that was the solution! :thumbsup:

Am I doing something wrong in creating the rig that this happens? Seems to me that if your rig works and you save your scene, it should still be working when you load that scene later on.

Or is it a bug? I'm working in 8.3 btw.

pixelinfected
05-06-2006, 08:24 AM
usually when you start you must go at frame 0, disable parent in place and if you do "rec rotation" you must disable all bone, and re rest position of all bone.

the problem born from a worng points positions after rec rotation, that appair correctly when you rwork, but are recorded in wrong way and when you save and reload scene, lw initialize all, and you see the wrong position of point.

if you see that kind of problem, you can solve with procedure that i told you before.