PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 Educational

Andyjaggy
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi, I have an educational version of Lightwave 8.5 and am seriously considering upgrading to the educational version 9. However I can't find a price for the educational upgrade anywhere. Does one exist and if so how much is it? Thanks

Andy

Zane Condren
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
The educational upgrade price is $95.:lightwave

Wickster
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
If you've been using the Educational version for some time why don't you buy the commercial upgrade to 9. I think the minimum ownership of an educational before upgrading to a full commercial is 6months (at least thats what i remember). But either way (educational or not) better hurry, the deal for Vue and LWCAD is about to end i hear.

Zane Condren
05-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Just a reminder, the VUE and LWCAD bundle does not come with educational upgrades, however if you upgrade to a full commercial version for $395 you will get the VUE/ LWCAD bundle.

Andyjaggy
05-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I have never heard that you can only use the education version for 6 months. If that is true it is a complete rip off, since it was 400 dollars when I bought it. It's tempting to just upgrade to the commerical version but I really don't have that kind of money right now, it would be worth it just for the Vue, I have always wanted to try that program. I didn't see the educational upgrade on in the Newtek store, where would I purchase it?

Andyjaggy
05-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay I am an idiot, I found it, the huge box at the bottom of the screen with ACADEMIC written all over it. Sorry.

Zane Condren
05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Just to be clear, you can use the educational version for as long as you like. However, after purchasing an educational version you must wait 6 months before you can upgrade it to a commercial version.

walfridson
05-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Pixelfarm(pftrack etc) sells timelimited licenses for students... Just a warning for all the students out there :)

Andyjaggy
05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Maybe I can talk my parents into giving me 395 dollars as an early graduation present. Pardon my ignorance but I have been away for about a year having been obsessed with photography, but when is 9 expected to come out?

Wonderpup
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
There's no official date as yet, but looking at this recent post re the vue offer I wouldn't wait too long!

The release of LightWave v9 is right around the corner, and this is your last opportunity to take advantage of the amazing special offers NewTek has available.

All new LightWave commercial full licenses and upgrade purchases, including the pre-release purchase of a LightWave v9 upgrade are bundled with:

e-on software's Vue 5 Infinite: a $599 suggested retail value - at no extra charge!
Plus.... W-Tools LWCAD download: a $199 suggested retail value - at no extra charge!
This is an additional $798 suggested retail value for only $795 (full version) or $395 (upgrade)!
To make your purchase, just visit www.newtek.com/buynow or call 1-800-368-5441

To learn more about LightWave v9, check out these online resources at www.lightwave3d.com:
LightWave v9 Updates and Future Plans from Jay Roth, NewTek President 3D Division
LightWave v9 Complete Feature List
35+ LightWave v9 Feature Videos
LightWave v9 FAQ
Donít miss out! LightWave v9 will make you more productive with much faster rendering and OpenGL performance, improved workflow and amazing new features too numerous to list. The resources are available; check it out for yourself today!

Signal to Noise
05-04-2006, 09:58 AM
... but when is 9 expected to come out?

The answer is:

Dear LightWave Enthusiast,

The release of LightWave v9 is right around the corner, ...

So, if you want to get in on 9, and the commercial app is the way to go, check out this thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=377583&postcount=1) for important info on the offers and expiry date.

Doh! Wonderpup beat me to it!

Sande
05-04-2006, 03:50 PM
"The release of LightWave v9 is right around the corner" - well, it has been that way for quite some time, Q4 2005, anyone?

This is, however, a nice chance to get LWCAD freely with version 9 - in my opinion LWCAD is almost alone worth that 395$... :)

StereoMike
05-05-2006, 01:15 AM
You should definetly do it, if you can. I guess you will regret not buying.

Mike

Andyjaggy
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Just around the corner..... That takes me back to the days of waiting for 8! I have never read so many angry threads on here. I just looked into LWcad and it looks awesome. I am being severely tempted here, dang you Newtek!

Gui Lo
05-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi,

What is the difference between the student version and commercial version?
Why the 6 months delay to convert to commercial version?

Gui Lo

Zane Condren
05-06-2006, 09:14 PM
The educational version cannot be used for commercial work. :newtek:

Gui Lo
05-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Thanks Zane.