PDA

View Full Version : VGA Input Please

AndrewLock
05-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Hi,

In a seminar environment it is common for presenters to want to use their own PC's and it is even more common for them to turn up at the last moment and expect everything to be connected and work instantly. That means that iVGA is an impractical solution for most conference environments where there are multiple presenters who refuse to pre-load their presentations onto one central computer.

VGA input is an essential missing component of tricaster. Yes, I know I could scan convert the VGA output of the powerpoint computer and then take it into tricaster as a video signal, but that defeats the object of the 'all-in-one' purpose of tricaster and besides, often all three video inputs are already being used by cameras.

The ability to easily and instantly connect an external computer with powerpoint slides is essential in my view, and I am confident that many others share this challenge.

Matt Drabick
05-03-2006, 05:04 AM
I had the same conversation with one of my TriCaster customers on Monday.
This does need to be made easier and automatic.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems

bdbusch
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Also, please improve the scan converter used for iVGA. I have a CHEAP $200 Corio Scan converter that produces much better s-video output than what is coming out of the TC from an iVGA feed. I use it instead of iVGA for this reason and the fact that it doesn't lag behind like iVGA does.

I realize this may not be possible if they are barely able to get by with the limited CPU capacity available, as increasing quality in the previews + scan converter will necessitate more CPU.