PDA

View Full Version : ts_GoToInPointCurrent()

Jim Davis
05-02-2006, 07:50 PM
John,

When I use ts_GoToInPointCurrent() It dose not place the play cursor at the inpoint except for the First clip in the playlist in the DDR

IF I have any other clip selected it dose not work as expected . In some cases it goes to the outpoint of the previous clip in the list

Is there somthing I am doing wrong ?

Jim Davis
05-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I found that SetPosition(0) will send me to the inpoint of the clip when you have the ddr set to selection. When Set to Project if goes to the inpoint if the first clip in the list which is what I would expect. Still Not sure what is going on with ts_GoToInPointCurrent() function .

John Perkins
05-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I've found that some of the goto commands do go to the in point but show the cursor at the out point of the previous clip. I think it may be a time rounding error, but I'm not sure.

If you ignore the visual feedback, does it work correctly?

Jim Davis
05-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Not really,

This is what was causing the DDR to sometimes not go into pause .3x playback in the code for the slomo setup. Also you cannot scrub the clip in the UI until you click on it . It is like no clip is selected. If you remember you pointed out this in a previous post . I just removed the ts_GoToInPointCurrent() from the code and it seemed to work since the code positioned the playline in the right place anyhow. As I said the SetPosition(0) always put the playline at the inpoint.

I found where the ts_GoToInPointCurrent() Function is defined

///////////// Go To In Point Current
ts_GoToInPointCurrent() = {
Position = GetCurrentProjectStart(true)
SetSpeedAndPosition(0,Position,3)
}

The last parameter in SetSpeedAndPosition() sets the rounding to no rounding , could changing this to 0 make a difference . I would assume this would keep the position constrained to the current clip. But I am not sure . This function was defined in the C:\VT4\Skins\VideoEditor\MainWindow\Main\Common Support Functions.ToasterScript