PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vue Infinite w/ Lightwave

joeldberry
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I just pre-ordered the Lightwave 9 upgrade, and got my Vue Infinite CD-ROM in, and now I need to register it. However, I am at work (where I use a PC/Windows XP), and I will be using Vue Infinite at home on my Mac.

My question is: if I register the serial number here at work over the Internet, and get the "real" serial number that e-on sends back, can I use this serial number on my Mac at home, or does it make it PC-only, or worse, serialize it to this PC (where I will not be doing 3D visualization)...

It says on the CD-ROM that it's for Windows and Mac, so I would assume that the serial number is like Modo's (you can use it on both)... what are your experiences? Should I do it now, or should I wait until I get home?

Thanks,

jdb

joeldberry
05-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I brought my copy of Lightwave up here to work (to play) and was going to try Vue Infinite and LWCAD on version 8... which raises this question: what about LWCAD? It says that it has to be "activated" before it can be used -- should I wait to activate it at home on my Mac where I do most of my 3D stuff? Can it be used on PC and Mac at the same time (again, like Modo)?

Thanks!

jdb

ShawnStovall
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
With LWCAD you can activate it anytime you want. For example, if you register LWCAD on your PC at work you can go home and just reenter the serial number on your Mac meanwhile voiding the one on your PC.:thumbsup:
I hope this helps!

joeldberry
05-02-2006, 02:49 PM
With LWCAD you can activate it anytime you want. For example, if you register LWCAD on your PC at work you can go home and just reenter the serial number on your Mac meanwhile voiding the one on your PC.:thumbsup:
I hope this helps!

Cool -- thanks!

ShawnStovall
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
:thumbsup:

cresshead
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
so what about vue?
is it a serial number not tied to any o/s like that of hexagon or is it a software key....tied or untied to pc and or o/s?

Signal to Noise
05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Vue has got a serial number that is simply tied to the software. So, in essence, you could have Vue installed on more than one machine (provided you follow the EULA) or on a machine that does not have LW installed.

zapper1998
05-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Vue 5 does not work on a 64 OS[WinXP 64Pro] bit machine....darnit

j-mation
05-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Actually it does work on XP64 as I'm using it at the moment.:)

dgon64
05-13-2006, 09:16 AM
I also use Vue under XP64 as it installs to the Program Files x86 folder and runs in 32-bit mode.

zapper1998
05-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I tried to load it, but it just won't finish loading.....
interesting........
I can't get Paint Shop Pro 9, to load up on the new puter either....

dgon64
05-13-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know what else to suggest but I do have LW32 installed also in Program Files x86. What they have to do with each other I couldn't say. All I have installed on XP64 is LW32, LW64 and Vue which installed fine. Sorry I can't help more.

Jackal5
05-20-2006, 06:46 AM
I was just going to ask about LWCAD. I got the Vue/LW combo deal, but where is LWCAD and how/where do I get it from?

Signal to Noise
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I tried to load it, but it just won't finish loading.....
interesting........
I can't get Paint Shop Pro 9, to load up on the new puter either....

If you have an antivirus app running, disable it and see if that helps. Also make sure you have the latest updates and service packs for your o/s. If that doesn't do the trick then all I can suggest is to reinstall the o/s.

I was just going to ask about LWCAD. I got the Vue/LW combo deal, but where is LWCAD and how/where do I get it from?

As long as your properly registered w/ NewTek then LWCAD will be available on your registration download page.

Jackal5
05-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Ah...ok. I'll have to check it out, I guess. Thanks.

Hmm? It shows nothing but my serial numbers and license key info.

Wait!!! *slap forehead* It's a banner! I see it now. Thanks again.

Jackal5
05-21-2006, 09:29 AM
A question about installing the LWCAD. The instructions say to alter the menu? Something about adding a group and then deleting it before exiting the modeler and then installing the plug in.

How do you make a new group? :stumped:

JamesCurtis
05-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Ideally you can just make any modification to the menus. Just move an item and move it back in place. Then install LWCAD. Worked for me several times.

Kurtis
05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/setup/8-EditMenu/index.html

Jackal5
05-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys. I've got LWCAD installed now I just have to activate it. Is the registration code it's asking for my LW registration code? :D

Jackal5
05-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Nevermind. I just remembered the email. :screwy: