PDA

View Full Version : Triple Monitor editing

blueisland
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Is anyone editing with three (or more) monitors using VT. And if so what graphic card are you using and are there any problems.

Thanks

ted
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
We use dual monitors. At this point, (more research to do), I'm more likely to upgrade to 2 larger screens then 3 monitors when the time comes.
Other then more real estate, what are you looking for?
Anyone else?

KSTAR
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Somebody over in the Lightwave forums posted a pic of his setup. He was using two of the "30 Dell LCD's with a Nvidia card in a dual monitor setup. It was pretty impressive. Lots of workspace.

Dan Hong
05-01-2006, 07:15 PM
We are using dual SLI cards. Nvidia 6800GT, I think. We don't use the SLI mode, so we have four video heads available. I've done 3 19" VGA monitors and the fourth slot was HD component out via the adapter. I don't use it everyday like that, but we tried it just to see.

blueisland
05-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Dan that's exactly what I'm after. Do I understand you have two graphic cards in you machine to make this happens. Does it run smoothly? Is it complicated to set up. Thanks

Dan Hong
05-02-2006, 11:41 AM
If you have the SLI capable motherboard, it's just a matter of buying matching video cards. Just install the drivers and it's ready. The SLI feature will keep popping up telling you that you have an SLI capable system, as if buying two $350 video cards wasn't reminder enough. SLI allows you to use the GPU off of one of the cards as a second GPU. This disables one of the cards but doubles the graphics capability of the other card. If you're a gamer...
Don't enable SLI and you effectively have a four head video card.