PDA

View Full Version : VT5 switcher?

RobertRhino
05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
:stumped: What improvements can we expect for the VT5 switcher? How about dual source video warp DVEs? What about chromakey DVEs for virtual sets like the old Trinity? All the attention has gone towards SpeedEdit, which is for post production I want to know about the VT5 live switching.
Thanks
Robert

Jim Capillo
05-01-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/04-24-06g.html

Bill_Evans
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
:stumped: What improvements can we expect for the VT5 switcher? How about dual source video warp DVEs? What about chromakey DVEs for virtual sets like the old Trinity? All the attention has gone towards SpeedEdit, which is for post production I want to know about the VT5 live switching.
Thanks
Robert

From attending NAB I got the following list.

1) Multiple DSKs
2) Improved CG including much better 16:9 support
3) New SDI external switcher
4) New color correction tools
5) New White Balance tools
6) SpeedEdit as you have talked about

I'm not sure what you mean by Dual source Warp DVEs, what ones on Trinity do you consider that??
-Bill

Jim Capillo
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by Dual source Warp DVEs, what ones on Trinity do you consider that??
-Bill

Those are the ones that require a second warp card to squeeze the input.

ScorpioProd
05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Though I only think the 1 and 3 things were related to switching.

2, 4, 5, were components of SpeedEDIT, AFAIK.

From attending NAB I got the following list.

1) Multiple DSKs
2) Improved CG including much better 16:9 support
3) New SDI external switcher
4) New color correction tools
5) New White Balance tools
6) SpeedEdit as you have talked about

-Bill

Bill_Evans
05-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Though I only think the 1 and 3 things were related to switching.

2, 4, 5, were components of SpeedEDIT, AFAIK.

They showed several times white balancing the inputs for the switcher, though obviously you can do that on the clips later, I think its definitely something that will be useful for the switcher folks, same for the color tools, though they definitely have uses in post production as well. In my experience the switcher folks use the CG much more then in Post Production and all of its improvements and bug fixes should help with that. Trinity in one week uses more CG then I do in the last year of editing.
-Bill

ScorpioProd
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, but see, I'm just pointing out, ALL the CG shown was either TriCaster Pro or SpeedEDIT. Nothing was shown that I saw of a "real" CG, as in a separate program that we have now. SpeedEDIT only has the CG "effects" style, also called CG-POST currently, NOT the "real" CG module. That is more limited than the "real" CG module. As in not being able to create page after page and save them out and such. Not having global controls and such. For me, I'm not yet sure it can cut it for things I do in terms of CG (this is in terms of SpeedEDIT alone). This is just based on what I saw, I didn't see every demo, of course.

As for white balancing, I saw them do automatic calibration of inputs, but not white balancing. The only new color controls I saw were the three wheel system, but I thought that was only for post use. I could be wrong, I just didn't see that used live.

joseburgos
05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Dual source video DVE would be great.
I have been able to do a few multible effects using the spline editor and saving for future use in toolshed.

I was hoping they would also add mattes to VT5/SpeedEDIT :(

Paul Lara
05-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Nothing was shown that I saw of a "real" CG, as in a separate program that we have now.

Yes, CG Designer supports 16:9 creation in VT[5]!

pnelson
05-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Paul,

For a guy on vacation, you seem to be doing a lot of work!!

You da man!!

wvp
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Paul,

For a guy on vacation, you seem to be doing a lot of work!!

You da man!!
Are you really EVER on vacation at NewTek? I mean seriously, if I "worked" there it would be like vacation - the best jobs are the ones you don't think are jobs!

pnelson
05-02-2006, 07:22 PM
It's true.. Working at NewTek isn't really like work..