PDA

View Full Version : religious Users...

electroNIX
05-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi!

I first thought there are only "cool" and "friendly" LW user around...

Well its naiv, i know... but I believe those who are always complaining dont really use lightwave but just "have" it just (for bragging?) to "have" this and that...

Its ok to request something you think the application really needs, but why complain ?? Why do I have to read such things like "sob" etc.. only because somebody doesnt like to pay whats asked for??

I also dont understand the quite aggressive attitude of so many (actually too many) members in this forum towards Newtek/Luxology ...

Gimme that, gimme this... and behold I have to pay for that...

What do you guys think Newtek is making its Profit from? (You should know Companys exist to MAKE profit)
From you just "having" the soft? No by selling it, for money!

And everysingle one of you complainers ( i dont know the right english verb for that) should be happy to have such an OUTSTANDING application for THIS price!!
It is outstanding. period... if you dont like it ..dont buy or use it!!.period

There are so many people making such outstanding stuff with this piece of software...
ONLY because you people CANNOT, doesnt mean Lightwave is crap or not up to todays standards...

In this case, what is a Standard by the way??
If Application XYZ has the function ABC before any other software... does that mean it is a Standard??
Well I dont care...
If someone needs a special function? Thats what plugins are for...

I love Lightwave.. period│

lone
05-26-2003, 11:43 AM
artists are generally a little less stable than the rest of the population, and tend to get passionate (read: unhinged) about the tools of their trade. the same could be said of many computer geeks, and any combination of the two can be extremely volatile!

Rei
05-26-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm a Buddist ohh whoops:D

I think its because people will need what they are asking for for somthing that they are working on, and they can't see a viable way around the problem without a new tool. I belive this is due to the fact that developers are too keen to give everything the user wants. Good or Bad, who knows?

harhar
05-26-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm an islamic extremist.

Beamtracer
05-26-2003, 03:43 PM
It's an unusual move that Newtek decided to market a new video editing tool just for religious users... their new church video tool is called Genesis.

I guess they saw a niche they thought would be viable.

Hmm... I wonder if it also works for Buddhists and Islamic extremists?

mattclary
05-27-2003, 05:54 AM
I am a LightWave extremist. Death to all infidels!!!!!

Randog
05-27-2003, 10:45 AM
electroNIX,

Do what I do. Ignore them.

"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."

If they say they cannot do "X" because Lightwave does not have "Y" then refer to the above statment.

manfriday
05-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I am a LightWave extremist. Death to all infidels!!!!!

I better not hear about you strapping explosives to your body and running into the office of Alias Wavefront....

meshmaster
05-27-2003, 11:59 AM
is why the heck they decided to use a name that could cause some confusion with http://www.genesis3d.com/

Rei
05-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Buddist countries are mainly poor (bar Japan China and SK)

Matt I'm rooting for you yeah!

Schwing
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Nice rant electroNIX.

All creation was derived from chaos. Even though no one was around to complain.

chill;)

Beamtracer
05-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by meshmaster
is why the heck they decided to use a name that could cause some confusion with http://www.genesis3d.com/

There is another application called Genesis used in the biomedical environment for simulating the effects of nerve cells:
http://www.genesis-sim.org/GENESIS/whatisit.html

There's a company called Genesis that makes the microchips for video display units:
http://www.genesis-microchip.com/main.phtml

A web-authoring HTML editor called Genesis:
http://www.xav.com/scripts/genesis/

Genesis mortgage software:
http://www.genesis2000.com/

In fact, there are so many other software packages called Genesis, there are too many for me to list here.

Another reason Genesis was a bad name for an application is that the internet domain name 'Genesis.com' would have been taken long ago. Any newcomers would have to add some extra characters to the end of the domain name.

If there really is a niche for religious video editing software I think it'll only be in the United States. In most other countries there is either too low a proportion of religious people, or else the population is too poor to afford video gear.

electroNIX
05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Nice rant electroNIXThanks...
chill;) well, i am ok.. thx again..

...I just thought how I would feel about such people if I where a Newtek employee...

I think its because people will need what they are asking for for somthing that they are working on, and they can't see a viable way around the problem without a new tool. I belive this is due to the fact that developers are too keen to give everything the user wants. Good or Bad, who knows?

ok, good point...

lone artists are generally a little less stable than the rest of the population, and tend to get passionate (read: unhinged) about the tools of their trade. the same could be said of many computer geeks, and any combination of the two can be extremely volatile!

This explanation I like the most till now...

Thanks to lone and Rei... these answers saved my day... :D

meshmaster
05-27-2003, 08:12 PM
As far as the dns things go... If Newtek hurries they can pick up http://www.genesis.us.tt for FREE... but I bet it's gone as soon as I post this.

Wade
05-27-2003, 09:43 PM
If only 3D software were like salvation - a gift!:D

Beamtracer
05-27-2003, 10:30 PM
While in the confession box, why not ask the priest.... "by the way, what video editing software do you use?"

pixelmonk
05-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by meshmaster

What name hasn't been used by another peice of software?

pixelmonk
05-28-2003, 05:06 AM
Once again the Pagans are left out. I guess they'll have to settle for an .X100 from Matrox. After all... "other" religeons make more money than the pagans. /me sings "Send me your money..." - Suicidial Tendencies.

VWTornado
05-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pixelmonk
Once again the Pagans are left out. I guess they'll have to settle for an .X100 from Matrox. After all... "other" religeons make more money than the pagans. /me sings "Send me your money..." - Suicidial Tendencies.

AMEN Brutha!! :D

pixelmonk
05-28-2003, 11:40 AM
heh I like your Honda humper avatar. :■

VWTornado
05-29-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry, but after checking out that Genesis crap I've lost respect for Newtek. If there's one thing I think a business should stay away from, its religion. Especially when it excludes all others. 2 Thumbs down for Newtek.

manfriday
05-29-2003, 09:44 AM
you lost respect for Newtek becuase they found a new market to go after?

That seems silly.

VWTornado
05-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Finding a new market is fine...but catering specifically to the christian churchs (and no others) just erks me. I guess theres money in that since the christian church is nothing but a modern super-corporation instead of a place of worship anymore. :rolleyes:

manfriday
05-29-2003, 10:00 AM
well it could be that, or it could just be that in the US christianity happens to be the dominant religion. (by dominant i mean most prevalent)
Christian churches also tend to be more progressive as far as utilizing technology etc..

I dont think the people at newtek are making a statement of thier faith, or saying "JESUS COULD KICK VISHNU'S BUTT!"..
they are just catering to a market they feel would be the most profitable at this point.

VWTornado
05-29-2003, 10:15 AM
yeah its definitely a good market to cater to, as you said, christianity is the prevelant religion in the US and they DO use technology and any other means necessary to forward there religion.

ignore me, im frustrated right now cause i'm thinking of selling Lightwave cause I dont have the time or patience to learn it anymore. :(

Rei
05-29-2003, 12:20 PM
electroNIX - he he he, better not let this happen too much I think its bad for me.

I wonder if NT's policy on how much input will be there triumph or failure...?

SplineGod
05-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by VWTornado
Finding a new market is fine...but catering specifically to the christian churchs (and no others) just erks me. I guess theres money in that since the christian church is nothing but a modern super-corporation instead of a place of worship anymore. :rolleyes:

All of that may be true but has nothing to do with marketing which looks at numbers of a potential type of buyer.
Proper marketing will tell you how much churches in general spend on video production equipment. It will tell you which denominations spend the majority of that money and in which part of the world/country theyre in and what foods, tv shows and movies they watch. When you have all this information you can best decide where to spend your advertisng dollars. Its pretty easy to turn on any local, cable to satellite channels and see which denominations are doing broadcast. If you are in business to sell video gear it only makes sense to do target and vertical marketing.

Cageman
05-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer

In fact, there are so many other software packages called Genesis, there are too many for me to list here.

One package that deserves to be mentioned on a Newtek forum is one of the TCP/IP stacks on the Amiga platform, called Genesis! ;)

99sproth
05-30-2003, 05:07 PM
(the one and only jedi curls up and dies)

Did they actually make jedi'ism a religion in the end?

simo ;)

ps: im NOT A JEDI!

pps: ignore me

Rei
05-30-2003, 05:51 PM
You mean I should have paid attention earlier...

Look at me, making jokes in a semi serious thread..

And I think Jedi is an official releigion, but the UK sucks big time anyway.

meshmaster
06-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Maybe we should start a new religion - Newtekism. The high preists are the guys that have the Lightwave logo tatoos!

Rei
06-03-2003, 12:05 PM
I do not belong to the cult, the cult belongs to me!

Beamtracer
06-03-2003, 03:32 PM
So what is this Newtek Genesis software? I got the impression it might be just Toaster repackaged for religious users.

Maybe next there'll be a version of Lightwave for religious users. In fact, why build churches when a virtual church environment might do just as good?

There is a shortage of preachers and clergy in the church these days. A virtual preacher could solve this problem, and fill some character animating jobs at the same time.

Man, I can see the Light(wave).