PDA

View Full Version : LightWave:Return of the...FiberFactory !

Emmanuel
04-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi folks,

looks like we eventually might get a brandnew, geometrie-creating hair/fiber tool by the creator of the Fiber Factory:

http://www.binaryartsinc.com/products.htm

This is great news !!!

EyelandArts.com
04-30-2006, 08:21 AM
This is great news. I though fiberfactory was long gone.
A

moc
04-30-2006, 08:30 AM
hey.....welcome.........back...........!!!!

prospector
04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Hmmm, what will be the upgrade price from my Amiga floppy ??? :D

Also Orbit looked nice but nothing to click on.

but glad to see we may have another option for hair (depending on price that is :) )

moc
04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
......fiberfactoryIV.....not just a hair plugin......
look at it....
"Interactive fiber styling and modeling
Creates UV mapped polygonal fibers
Works with Sasquatch & Saslite by Worley Labs
Animate with Lightwave dynamics and collisions "
A interactive stlying hair tools!!wooo...
And also this one...
<Chief Architect Importer>
Architectural object importer for Lightwave 9 coming soon!

Tima
04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
yep i think it's just a guide tool with possibility to animate guide with dynamics and colisions . But fur is generated by sasquatch and light.

UnCommonGrafx
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Write to him and get REAL excited. [checking forum...]
umm, Yeah, things are looking up.

Sensei
04-30-2006, 10:40 PM
yep i think it's just a guide tool with possibility to animate guide with dynamics and colisions . But fur is generated by sasquatch and light.

If FiberFactory is announced to be polygonal fiber modeler it can't use SasQuatch..

Celshader
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
If FiberFactory is announced to be polygonal fiber modeler it can't use SasQuatch..

Maybe it can build 2-point polygon chains that will work as Sasquatch hair guides.

WCameron
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
the original created 2 point poly chains that would render in Layout using their own plugin. So I'd guess that after you style the splines in the styler
plugin, you'd have to choose how you want to export them back to Modeler -
either 2 point polychains for Sasquatch, or UV mapped ribbons...

if anyboody has FiberFactory 2, you'll see the the modeler plugin still (kinda)
works. it uses the ancient pannels legacy plugin for ints interface though so
the buttons are kinda squashed and on top of each other - which makes it
prone to crashing a lot. but otherwise....

- Will.

Sensei
05-01-2006, 12:08 AM
It works pretty the same way... Move mouse to picture and you will see altered picture with bool control turned on, which generates chain of 2 point polygons..

DiscreetFX
05-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Welcome back

:)

trick
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
I wonder what it can do better then Evasion3D's Meshpaint. Except for the Sasquatch compatibility, which would be the main selling point, I can't see anything I can't do with Meshpaint...

pixelinfected
05-01-2006, 08:44 AM
i remember it very well, i did a review for a magazine many years ago, but i wan't quite impressed by quality of fibers render, i like a lot the guide builder and combing action, and i use it to render for sas with few utility that convert to sas guide.

i hope that after many years the developer add some enhancement, be cause hair tools are a lot far from oldies, and from these pictures i not see a big evolution, but i attend news from him, i'm so curious.

hrgiger
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
For me, if it spurs Worley to take Sasquatch to the next level of (serious) development, I say Welcome back Fiber Factory!

Carm3D
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Um... guys. MeshPaint (http://www.evasion3d.com/mp_lw_intro.html) already does this. I've been using it to create SAS wigs for some time now.

Pomfried
07-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Woh seems the site was updated a few days ago.
Some preview vids and new screenshots.

Celshader
07-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Woh seems the site was updated a few days ago.
Some preview vids and new screenshots.

Wow -- these statements really caught my eye:

Volumetric shadows, reflections and refraction completely integrated into LightWave's render pipeline.
Other plug-ins have access to shadow data without intervention.
Volumetric shadows works with all light types!

Verlon
07-24-2006, 02:34 PM
hair in viper.....and fprime.

Oooh, I am excited.

What Celshader said.

Coming in August?

KSTAR
07-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmmm, what will be the upgrade price from my Amiga floppy ??? :D

Yeah that would be cool, I still have my floppy sitting around here some place :)

Verlon
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
he even plans a 64 bit version....

but 32 bit version comes first.

charlestwoods
07-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Welcome back indeed! I'm pretty excited about this one - the vids look pretty darned good if you ask me... :)

hrgiger
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
If FiberFactory is able to render voleumetric shadows for all light types, hopefully this means that the SDK will allow Worley to update Sas in a spectacular way. I already own Sas so I hope that Sas2 is what Worley is working on at the present.

archiea
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
For the painterly folks, anybody remember Dab2?

I was a big fan of your Dab2 product.. any chance for a re-introduction? thanks in advance!!

http://www.creativemac.com/HTM/News/08_00/dab2.htm

kinda like the movie "What dreams may come".

any chance for a LW 9 version!?!?!

-FP-
07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
FIBER FACTORY was most widely seen on a low-budget FOX Halloween special animated in Lightwave about 6 years ago. The show was technically poor, and the FIBER FACTORY hair was particularly messed up. Hair flickered and changed color between and during shots.

Here's hoping the new FF can actually be used in production.

T-Light
07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
HRGiger-

hopefully this means that the SDK will allow Worley to update Sas in a spectacular way. I already own Sas so I hope that Sas2 is what Worley is working on at the present.
They've been working on something, hopefully this is it :)

Earl
07-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Worley is a talented guy - and I love the way his company operates. But man, I wish he would move faster. Since his is the only solution for hair in LightWave for many years, I would think he'd put more effort into keeping it a top-notch solution.

I would honestly love it if Worley abandoned his older products and focused all of his incredible programming talent on Sasquatch and FPrime. Now watch him release something completely different in the coming weeks that will make me drool over it and change my statement completely... :D

That said, I'm glad FiberFactory is making a return! If Worley's going to be as slow as he has been, then it's a perfect opportunity for someone else to steal the LW hair market. And in the end the user benefits.

stevecullum
07-25-2006, 05:30 AM
Its nice to have a new option. I noticed on the website that this plugin has its own hair and fur pixel filter, so does this mean we don't have to use SAS?

I'm wondering if the examples shown are rendered using this or sas? Either way, looks like a cool plugin :)

zapper1998
07-25-2006, 05:55 AM
totally awesome

ufo3d
07-25-2006, 06:07 AM
FIBER FACTORY was most widely seen on a low-budget FOX Halloween special animated in Lightwave about 6 years ago. The show was technically poor, and the FIBER FACTORY hair was particularly messed up. Hair flickered and changed color between and during shots.

Here's hoping the new FF can actually be used in production.

it seems FF supports SAS, so we might use FF for hair modelling and using sas for shading and rendering.

BazC
08-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Any more news? Love to hear any info on release date, price and whether there will be a demo version. Any new vids or pics would be appreciated too! :D

Verlon
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
yeah....its August. Hope to see something soon.

BazC
08-19-2006, 03:04 AM
August is disappearing fast! Bump!

BazC
08-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Just 4 days left!

stevecullum
08-27-2006, 06:21 AM
I think its going to be delayed :(

It definately needed some work though, as some of the images posted on the site, weren't all that IMO. Particularly where a reflection was being shown, it was more a clumpy mess than a reflection of hair and fur.

Finger crossed I'm proved wrong or for a September release, when some other good stuff comes out too. (Vue 6, Fusion 5.1 :))

GCL
08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Beside waiting anxiously for it's release...$64 question is HOW MUCH !
I'm sure by now they have a price point in mind and probably less than Sasquatch.

BazC
08-27-2006, 09:41 AM
I think its going to be delayed :(

I'm afraid you're robably right, some new info would ease the pain of waiting though! :D I agree the pics on the website aren't that impressive, I suspect that they are retty rough examples,. it would be cool to see what it's really capable of.

Phil
08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I heard from the author earlier today. It's soon to come out of beta and will appear in 1 or 2 weeks. So...middle of September. ****, my credit card is getting a complete hammering this year :)

BazC
08-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I heard from the author earlier today. It's soon to come out of beta and will appear in 1 or 2 weeks. So...middle of September. ****, my credit card is getting a complete hammering this year :)

Great! Thanks for the info :D

voiddweller
09-02-2006, 09:52 AM
All Sasquatch does is lock up lightwave 9 anyhow. Any alternative is welcome in my book.

duke
09-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Isn't this poly based hair.. ?

BazC
09-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Isn't this poly based hair.. ?

It says on the website "Fast smooth pixel filter hair and fur."

stevecullum
09-03-2006, 04:56 AM
My guess is, that the filter is used on the polygons to create the fur/hair effect, but equally you could use the polys as guides for Sas. All will be revealed in a few weeks I guess, but I'm glad someone has decided to give Sas a bit of competition. It may be the catalyst for more TP hair/fur plugins to be developed and thats good for the wallet! :)

Werner
09-04-2006, 02:00 AM
any new info on when we can get our hands on this?