PDA

View Full Version : help please

scottg
04-29-2006, 05:11 PM
OK not having much luck with lw.. maybe its a sign.

anyway finally got lw9 beta to work.. then the computer crashes. not the lw9 fault I'm pretty sure..

anyway had to reboot my mac..and reinstall my programs.

heres the problem

reloaded lw8.3 went to lw registration site and got my license key so I can put it in my lw registration wizard..

I cant find my registration wizard in my lw program files.. how can I register with out the wizard?

any help will be very much appreciated

scott

Silkrooster
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
With ver 8.5 and below start layout, select help then enter license.
If you registered once, then your license # will be in your account on Newteks site.
Silk

scottg
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
thk for the reply... but I dont have license as an option. I already got my license# from my account on the NT site. Now I just need to find out how to make it my permenent license #

i have under help:

contents
web-based help
about openGL
about lightwave

scott

Silkrooster
04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Check in the additional plugin menu and see if it is listed there.
If you still do not see it. Search your hard drive for a file in the Lightwave folder. I beleive the file name is license.key.
Edit that file and enter your license number there, save it, then you should be good to go.
I found mine here C:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs
If you have such a folder, but not the file create a new file called LICENSE.KEY
Silk

scottg
04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
ok I found the license.key file

It has my temp license in it. twice same # write once then writen again.

do I delete the temp. lic. # and type the permenent one in there?

do I do it twice? just like the temp. # is done in the license.key file?

I really apprecaite your help silk!:D

scott

Silkrooster
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
ok I found the license.key file

It has my temp license in it. twice same # write once then writen again.

do I delete the temp. lic. # and type the permenent one in there?

do I do it twice? just like the temp. # is done in the license.key file?

I really apprecaite your help silk!:D

scott
I just checked mine and you are right there are two sets of numbers. Not sure what the first set is, but the second set is my current license number.
I think the first may be the temp number, but I am just guessing. If both are identacle, that would explain it for me.
I could have sworn on an older version there was only one number. Anyways, you could back up that file just in case, then just replace the second number and hopefully you will be good to go.
Maybe someone else could confirm why there is two sets of numbers. I am curious.
Silk

GCL
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
I could have sworn on an older version there was only one number. Anyways, you could back up that file just in case, then just replace the second number and hopefully you will be good to go.
Maybe someone else could confirm why there is two sets of numbers. I am curious.
Silk

I have both, the 7.5 and 8.5 version installed and the license key file(s) have only one set of numbers in each.

scottg
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
ok I replaced my licence.key # with my licence # from the newtek regerstration site.

Before I did that it had a 15 day temperary license key.
Now I have a temperary 33 day license key.:stumped:

any sugestions guys?

By the way thanks for the help guys.

scott

Lord Snarebotto
04-29-2006, 09:57 PM
ok I replaced my licence.key # with my licence # from the newtek regerstration site.

Before I did that it had a 15 day temperary license key.
Now I have a temperary 33 day license key.:stumped:

any sugestions guys?

By the way thanks for the help guys.

scott

33 days is correct. That is the remaining term on the beta. I have exactly the same data. :thumbsup:

If it's not LW9 that's the problem right now, not sure. I know I had to delete my license key once, then afterwards everything worked fine.

scottg
04-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Man I'm an idiot I entered my lw9beta lic.# in to my lw8.3 lic.key area.

But all is fixed now.

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

Now I hope to be able to learn LW andstart posting some work.

thanks again
scott