PDA

View Full Version : LWSN via bash?

stealthoperator
04-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Hya!

For about two weeks I'm trying to set up a renderfarm using DrQueue as a controller.
Almost everything works fine, but the tool needs to open LWSN via a tcsh-shell and pass some arguments.

The command looks somwhat like this:

lswn -c"MyHD:Username:Project:blah" -d"Path:to:my:content" ....and so on.

But I didn't manage to get LWSN started.
I hope you do understand what I'm trying to tell..

Is there a way to make this work? Has anyone of you successfully used DrQueue on OSX so far?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Mo

hurley
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
try:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/Current/Support/LaunchCFMApp (your path to )LWSN

-Steve

eblu
04-28-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah... ummm... screamernet on mac os x... its NOT a unix tool, therefore its NOT a command line tool. its an Emulated command line tool. so yeah... you can't launch it by typing "lwsn" in a terminal window.

hopefully you can manage with hurley's path, I've never seen that before, but it sounds plausible.

stealthoperator
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
whooa, thats a long pathname...

You mean I should just type in this path in order to run LWSN? Sounds incredibly easy...

I'll try it as soon as possible... thanks!

jeremyhardin
05-01-2006, 07:05 PM
could you pass those arguments via LWSN cmdline?

LSlugger
05-03-2006, 07:51 AM
whooa, thats a long pathname...

You mean I should just type in this path in order to run LWSN? Sounds incredibly easy...

On 10.4, at least, the open command achieves the same effect.

stealthoperator
05-04-2006, 03:59 AM
ah, ok... when I use the open command, I can't pass any arguments as far as I know.

Unfortunately, I can't test it out in the next few weeks... I'm not at home...

LSlugger
05-04-2006, 07:58 AM
when I use the open command, I can't pass any arguments as far as I know.

Right, as jeremyhardin pointed out, your script has to write the arguments to LWSN cmdline before launching LWSN.