PDA

View Full Version : Broken CD's for 6.5

rabidgoalie
05-25-2003, 07:27 PM
I have just purchased a version of Lightwave 6.5 from a popular auction site(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607506417&category=188&rd=1), and when I received the package in the mail the CD was broken!:(
Has anyone else encountered this problem? It was not from shipping the package because the box was surrounded with air-bag packing (not the little air bubble packaging material...I mean BIG airbags!). And, the CD was broken right through, too. It was not just cracked. I am concerned that Newtek might not replace the CD because I did not purchase it from a reseller or from them directly. Do any of you think that this might be the case?
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement CD? I just need the CD, I have the dongle (which was included...of coarse). Everything was in the box when I received it in the mail (I think), and the box was sealed so I don't think that anyone tampered with it contents.
I really want the CD so that I can load Lightwave 6.5 in and get the number from the dongle to register it and upgrade to 7.5 (so that I can get the free upgrade to 8 :D ). I wish that Newtek would offer ISO files for the included CD's in the download section, for cases such as this (but I know that they will not do that because of all of the hackers who would steal their software).
Can anyone help me out? :confused:

WizCraker
05-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Telephone
In the USA:
1-800-TOASTER or
1-800-862-7837
Fax: 1-210-370-8001
Outside the USA:
+1-210-370-8000

Mon-Fri:
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST

Mail
Attn: Customer Services
NewTek, Inc.
5131 Beckwith Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78249

email
[email protected]

You pick your method

rabidgoalie
05-26-2003, 01:39 PM
I know to contact Newtek for a replacement disc. I have already done that, but because of the holiday I have not received a reply yet.
What I asked was whether or not anyone else has encountered the same problem with broken discs in their packaging. And if anyone had, what Newtek did (or didn't) do to rectify the situation.
I am not a newbie to discussion boards, so I would not post a pointless thread. I don't like my time to be wasted, and I assume that is the same for everyone else. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

pauland
05-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by rabidgoalie
Any constructive help would be appreciated.
You've already had a constructive reply. Phoning Newtek is much more reliable than sending an email. That way you'll get to find out real quick what action Newtek will (or will not) take. Hope you didn't waste too much time reading this...

Paul

John Fornasar
05-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Rabid,

Call them tomorrow.

My local post office uses a wood chipper to sort mail, when I received Aura, there wasn't a 90 degree angle on the box. The CD was shattered.

Called them up, and had a new disk faster than the original order.

On an outside sale, you may have to provide them with your dongle #.

I found them very helpful.

rabidgoalie
05-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Thank you for the help John, I appreciate it. Paul, I meant that I would not waste other peoples time by posting a useless thread, so you don't have to be nasty in your reply. As for calling them, I had considered that. But they are closed on Saturday and Sunday as well as on Memorial day (which is a National holiday here in the 'States, so most places are closed). Calling would have done no good.
Please guys, I do not need sarcasm from anyone, and I did not post a thread to start a flame war with anyone. I just wanted to know if this is a common problem, thats all. If it is a common problem, then Newtek will most likely take care of the matter quickly (since they deal with it a lot). If it is not, well I might have to look to some other way to get a disc to load in 6.5 (like eBay again).
All I have heard about Lightwave is that it has a great, supportive community. That is one of the things that attracted me to it! So if you think that my question is stupid, please just laugh to yourself and move on!:D

pauland
05-27-2003, 05:36 AM
I might have to look to some other way to get a disc to load in 6.5 (like eBay again)
I think you'll find calling Netwek is a touch less dramatic, faster and cheaper. They'll be asking you for the serial number on the package.

Paul

ChrisS
05-27-2003, 09:09 AM
When we received [6] from Safe Harbor, the jewel case was badly cracked, but luckily the CD was ok. Funny as the box etc... looked to be in good shape otherwise.

rabidgoalie
05-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the posts guys! I have had several discs sent to me via the mail and I had not received a broken one yet. I think that it was the dongle that broke it, since I received Inspire 3D via mail and the package arrived in pristine condition.
I will give Newtek a call tomorrow, as that sounds like the most reliable way to deal with this situation. Thank you for the advice, and (hopefully) next time I post I will word my replies better (to save on confusion, because I hate rude people so I would never intentionally be rude myself).:)
( :)btw...yes I love to use the smilies!:) )

rabidgoalie
05-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Well guys, I contacted Newtek, and it turns out that you have to call them for them to do anything for you about broken CD's. It was fast and totally painless. I did not expect anything bad, but with my version being a competitive upgrade, I had my doubts about getting a CD that easily. Thanks Newtek!:D

This will be my last post on this thread. Thanks for the help everyone.