PDA

View Full Version : KURV Studios LightWave Tutorials

Damondo
04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi,
Anyone recommend these tutorials? Are they worth buying on DVD or are there better resources?

Hipcheck
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
highly recommended!
love the viper, vehicle 1 and 2 and beginner vids!

richdj
04-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Yep, they are always of good quality and the authors of the DVD's hang out on Kurvs forum to help people along the way if needed.. The tutorials are well presented, easy to follow everything in them is obtainable. Just need to decide on what you want to learn. As for other training material have a look at Splinegods tutorial's (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/) most of these are available through Kurv as well. Also have a look at Dan ablans tutes (http://3dgarage.com/3D%20GARAGE/3D%20G.html)..

If you have any specific questions about any of the Kurv tutes, feel free to post them on his forum..

Rich

Verlon
04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Will also say these are good....

DiedonD
04-27-2006, 05:03 AM
What I know for sure is that if you are a beginner you just NEEEEEEEED to have DVD's for an added luxory of visually telling you where things are at what place. And see if you could get DVD's that come with online instant help.

IF your not a beginner then you can have books to. ANd you'll use pictures that are in the book and imagining with your head instead of clear open visual tutorials.

I have both. But I started out with a book, and as a fellow user I DONT RECOMMEND you start with a book neither.

Cheers

colkai
04-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Vehicle 1 & 2 are excellent and very easy to follow without being too "dumb".

If you remotely want to get into car modelling, they are a must buy IMHO.

DiedonD
04-27-2006, 05:21 AM
If your a beginner you MUST have DVD's so as you can see visually what are the experts doing and learn as if he is standing right behind you.

If your not a beginner then you can afford to have books and use pictures and your own imaginations instead of visual video tuts to learn more about LW.

I have them both, but I started out with a book, its something I regreted afterwards thereby would not recommend you start our with books.

Cheers

hrgiger
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I bought the vehicle modeling DVD's 1 and 2 and I would highly recommend them.

GandB
04-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Is there a series out there that is relevant to "Game Media", using Lightwave?

-Keith

kurv
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys... checks are in the mail ;)

SplineGod
05-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Hi,
Anyone recommend these tutorials? Are they worth buying on DVD or are there better resources?

Were you looking for anything in particular or just asking in general? :)

KorbenD
05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Be sure to check out the tutorials at www.simplylightwave.com as well. The McLaren one in particular is a nice resource. 45 or so hours of spline modeling tutorials.

SplineGod
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Damondo,
Another thing thats nice about the KURV training is that you can get it shipped to you directly in the UK so you dont have to wait for shipping from the US. :)

JeffRutan
05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Another thread singing the praises of KURV?
Well, count me in again! Great material! I have bought several and I have learned something significant and worth the investment from each. Especially the vehicle modeling set that inspired my current WIP (1997 Ford F-150). Even if you are not going to do a car, the quick pace and precision use of tools in those videos really helps for any hard body / product design modeling project. To see such a significant project take shape efficiently and completely in real time is inspiring and educational on many levels. This video set is really a must-have!
-Jeff

Bog
05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
But but but but what if I want to make straight lines?

Sorry... 16 hour day....

SplineGod
05-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Just make a straight curve ;)

colkai
05-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah, then you can make a squarecle :p